HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to use a hard case for my k-pdw clone. I have been looking over the various models of Pelican brand cases and have been doing some measuring. Instead of measuring everything over and over, has anyone tried using a Pelican 1470 model or similar size hard case?

I am simply looking to place the k (with stock folded) along with a pair of mag cinched 30 rd mags.

Thanks in advance for comments to this.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is starting to look like the 1470 might be on the small side and the 1490 might be better suited. If anyone has an actual picture of a "k" setup in the hard case, it would be appreciated!

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Unless you're just trying to keep the case as short as possible, I would advise against using one for having the gun folded. The pelican cases typically have three layers of foam. The gun is designed to fit in the center layer cut out. Folding the gun causes it to be too wide to fit in the optimum padded area.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless you're just trying to keep the case as short as possible, I would advise against using one for having the gun folded. The pelican cases typically have three layers of foam. The gun is designed to fit in the center layer cut out. Folding the gun causes it to be too wide to fit in the optimum padded area.
Are you saying that the firearm is more succeptable to bumps and bangs if cased folded? I really had it narrowed down to the Survival Systems padded discrete case (nice because it has magazine storage) and a Pelican type. If I recall Hardigg Storm (similar to Pelican) makes a case similar in size to the Pelican 1490, but a little thicker. I wonder if the added thickness would offer substantial protection.

FYI, I want this stored stock folded. Really I have no use for a folded stock, except for storage purposes.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MMONM, thank you for the picture, this is really what I am looking for. It does not look like it would have room for the double mags, but maybe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is a pic. I don't have the stock on yet, because I'm waiting to SBR. I do think it will fit. I have looked at the stocks and they don't come back that far once folded.

The dollar was to give reference as to how much room was behind the gun. It is touching the backplate. I placed the gun as far as I would want to move it to the left in the case. You would also have room to put the mags there or move them a little if you had a foward grip on the gun.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SM, thank-you for the photo reference, this was exactly what I was looking for! It appears that the folding stock would have no trouble fitting in folded configuration in the case. It also appears that even with the vertical "k" grip installed, that the double clamped mag setup will be just fine. I had received a PM mentioning that folded the stock "could" mark up the side of the receiver while cased. I think that placing a thin sheet of foam, or thick piece of cloth between the receiver and stock while cased, will fix that.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here is mine in a Pelican 1490. Plenty of room for mags.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
Here's a great soft case you should consider...unless you absolutely require a hard case. I've had this one since 1999 and it's great.

The three mag holders are perfect for curved 30 rounders. Plenty o' room for the suppressor as well.
Also has an outside large pocket (big enough when stretched to actually hold a MP5k rev stretch pistol as I've found out) for random small gear and papers.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rhouston8/Mp5kSoftCase?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL323OOi0I2lWw&feat=directlink

-hh

·
Registered
419 Posts
Awesome!

I was thinking about using an old Halliburton Zero Aluminum an filling I with foam cut out to fit for my CA89 SBR. Pretty sure I saw a project someone did and posted here....
I have an older Haliburton Zero I found foam for so if you could find the project, or remember the thread, that would be awesome. I just need a new handle for mine.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Here's mine in a Pelican 1495

MP5K Pelican 1..JPG

Enough room for all your needs!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts