HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up some new foam for my case and I'll be cutting it for my USPf Tactical, Silencero Osprey, and two magazines. Visually I prefer the pistol pointing to the right, but when I look for examples the majority of people face the pistols to the left in their cases. Is this done so that the safety is visible? Is it easier to get the pistol out of the case this way? Perhaps it has to do with serial number visibility? Or is it simply that people prefer the look of the left side of their pistol and thus face it left in a case? Thanks!

·
Banned
397 Posts
I usually have the side with the ejection port or cylinder swing up. For me, that's pistols right, revolvers left, reverse for upside down.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Where did you get the foam? Thinking about doing some new foam for my HK case.

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmm, I think I put all mine in facing left because I am right-handed. It just seems natural.

But I like the idea of "ejection out", so left for revolvers and right for automatics.

Heck, good excuse to go through the collection! :wink: Woohoo!

- Thomas

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I just knocked it out - not super nice but good enough for pick n pluck. After thinking about it, I think left facing is much easier for handling. I can grab the gun with my right hand and the suppressor with the left and attach them. If the gun was right facing, I'd be switching everything around in my hands.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
May I ask what you all are using to cut those? They look great. My experience with foam wasn't that good.
The pick n pluck foam isn't great. I outlined the items with toothpicks - trying to put them at the corner of each pre-scored cube. After that I just cut following the toothpicks. This go around I used a filet knife which worked great. The knife is vary narrow which works well for the 1/2" cubes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts