HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone here has experience with this holster? I am looking at the X300 version, since I have a few pistols that use this weaponlight. Would be nice to have a single holster that I can use for multiple pistols. I was looking at the OWB version. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
408 Posts
I have the IWB version and though I only use it infrequently it's my first choice if I need to carry with a WML. It carries my HK45, and P30 series pistols comfortably. I've tried it with my USP40 GG&G rail adapter and x300. It works but the fit is tight and not the top of the slide rubs more that I like. I've been debating getting the OWB model down the road for tactical matches and classes.

Reactions: paperchasin

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have both the OWB and AIWB version.

The OWB is an admin/teaching thing and not for work (I have it a little loose and wouldn't trust it as is for hard running/sprinting/etc.) I rig fits Glock, HK, and 2011 guns without ****ing around changing belts/holsters. Nice to have different guns that all work so long as they wear the X300 price of admission

The AWB puts (best I can put it) a lot of stuff in your pants. My mobility is significantly reduced and it requires adjustment for seated positions, but damn if it's not fast. My sub 2-second Bill Drills and sub-second draws from concealment are all out of this thing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The OWB is an admin/teaching thing and not for work (I have it a little loose and wouldn't trust it as is for hard running/sprinting/etc.)
Would you trust the holster more if you simply tightened down the retention a little bit?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Would you trust the holster more if you simply tightened down the retention a little bit?
I suppose...the holster would need to at least be able to hold the gun in the holster if held upside down. While it is "universal", obviously different makes will fit differently in terms of "retention".

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
not to completely hijack your thread, but here goes.

So I am not familiar with this holster. Does it specifically grab (probably wrong words) the light, in this case the SF X300? Reading the description, that seems to be how you "size" the holster. The description on-line seems to indicate just about any handgun with an X300 attached will fit? I'm just curious for curiosity sake. I've always found the SF X300 to sit pretty far forward on the HK45, due to the forward swept trigger guard on the HK45.

again, just curious for curiosity sake

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
not to completely hijack your thread, but here goes.

So I am not familiar with this holster. Does it specifically grab (probably wrong words) the light, in this case the SF X300? Reading the description, that seems to be how you "size" the holster. The description on-line seems to indicate just about any handgun with an X300 attached will fit? I'm just curious for curiosity sake. I've always found the SF X300 to sit pretty far forward on the HK45, due to the forward swept trigger guard on the HK45.

again, just curious for curiosity sake
yeah it’s centered around the light be it the x300 or tlr or the upcoming Modlite

the “fit” we speak of is the play in regards to gun thickness. My aiwb is set up with shock cord to expand/contract and be fullyuniversal. The owb is set up with rubber grommets and comes with 3 or for sets of varying thickness depending on how much space you want between the 2 pieces of kydex

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
yeah it’s centered around the light be it the x300 or tlr or the upcoming Modlite

the “fit” we speak of is the play in regards to gun thickness. My aiwb is set up with shock cord to expand/contract and be fullyuniversal. The owb is set up with rubber grommets and comes with 3 or for sets of varying thickness depending on how much space you want between the 2 pieces of kydex

This doesn't sound like something I will be pursuing.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Sorry for a late reply but the earlier responses cover it pretty well. I have both IWB and OWB for the TLR1/HL. The OWB has gotten a lot of use from classes, range time, and dry fire. I think for that purpose it works well. I had to back out the retention pretty far for the purpose of speeding up my draw times, but you can set retention however tight you want. I do catch some of the screws getting loose on the slide side every once in a while but since the retention is mostly indexed around the light it's not that big of a deal. You can change the attachment type- the blade tech it came with works well for changing from my range belt to a regular belt pretty quickly, but you could do a quick-detach or some other system.

The IWB like above was mentioned is shoving a lot of kydex in your pants. I haven't carried it but do use it for dry fire and some live fire dry practice. There are some good videos on YouTube about that one specifically (Sage Dynamics and maybe Modern Samurai Project too). My issue is suppressor height sights on guns catch in the slide side channel and with enough reps I don't know if it'll knock the front sight off but at a minimum will cause extra wear (not a big deal to me). I'm not carrying a big gun with a light during the summer any time soon but at some point I may just want to get a holster specific to the gun/light setup.

Jon the owner at Phlster is pretty quick to answer emails if you wanted to write him with more specific questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts