HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to share a few photo's and to thank all of you for the great forum and informative posts. A very special thanks to CZ-75 that walked me thru many challenges with the mount and ring! This set up does give a true co witness!

She came with a SWR Omega can. I added the BT low profile mount + the BT QD - quick release 30mm ring, Aimpoint Comp ML2, BT folding stock and BT single point sling.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats! She is a beauty!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Hoping to get to the range tonight to sight in the optic and try out the new 100o locking piece. It came with the usual #16 ( 110o LP ) and purred with 115 gr FMJ and 147 gr JHP's suppressed and non suppressed but after reading the HK memo on LP's.

My expectation is that the 100o LP will slow her down enough to still cycle fine with the 115gr with or without the can, lowering the cycle rate and reducing any extra stress on the receiver & bolt head.

I do have the #28 LP to use if I'm going to shoot the 147 gr suppressed.

Has anyone experimented with this?

·
Registered
104 Posts
how much does the kit weigh complete?
please keep us posted on detailed range results and overall performance

always wanted a Vollmer or Urbach, but my wallet keeps fighting the temptation

mucho gracias amigo ;)

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

mucho gracias amigo ;)

Very light until I put those two loaded 30 round mags in! I don't have a convenient way to weigh it but I think the lighter weight of the BT stock compared to the Choate offsets the weight of the scope and mounting hardware.

She ate everything I fed her with the #16 LP installed! Since HK has gone to the 100o LP I figured I would try it out. Stay tuned for the report!

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

mucho gracias amigo ;)

Range report update: I ran 180 rounds of Federal American Eagle 115 gr FMJ and 50/50 with and without the SWR Omega can. I used the 100o LP instead of the #16 (110o). Again she purred and ate it all up! No issues. It was the first time for the BT stock and it feels real good.

One interesting thing did happen: there was one very noticeable flash "fire ball" that did not come out the muzzle! It came out the ejection port. Anyone have any comments on this?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Have you tried the #28 LP using 147 gr with the SWR can, what was the ROF-rate of fire like? Did it function 100% reliable?

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you tried the #28 LP using 147 gr with the SWR can, what was the ROF-rate of fire like? Did it function 100% reliable?

I have not used the #28 yet. I'll have to get some 147gr and report back. I did run some 147gr JHP's with the SWR can but with the #16 LP and it purred! I'll report back on the #28.

I believe the Lp's are as follows:

#16 = 110o
100o (has no #)
#28 = 80o

I expect the #28 to purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... just a bit slower!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts