HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the best ones?

Ive owned tru-glows before......How do the other nightsights stack up against them?

Could someone post some pictures?

THanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just recently installed a set of night sights on my uspc. I got the trijicon brand ones. I have seen 2 other HK's with night sights installed, one with tru-glo and another with meprolight. They all seem to work fine but the trijicon ones seem to be the highest quality. After spending close to 800 dollars on a pistol don't compromise and buy the cheaper night sights. Also look into using 2 different color sights, 3 green dots in the dark can be a little confusing at first. My 2 cents..all I have left now that the 416 fund is cranking.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
TruGlo's would be nice on a Compact but they are not made for it. Only the FS. I would have installed TG's if they were avail so I just installed Meps and they are fine but still not the daytime clarity of TG's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like Trijicon night sites and have them on all of my pistols, except where I have Novak's...(1911's) They are not the cheapest, but IMO if you want a good quality sight they are tops....

Here is a pic with a set on a SS USPc 9

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like Trijicon night sites and have them on all of my pistols, except where I have Novak's...(1911's) They are not the cheapest, but IMO if you want a good quality sight they are tops....

Here is a pic with a set on a SS USPc 9

VERY NICE! I didn't know triji made night sights for HK pistols.

Mine came with PT night sights. I would not mind swapping them out with something low profile though

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Since I insist on adjustable sights, even on CCWs, it is either MMC or nothing at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im sorta concerned about having the local gun store/range put the sights on.

do they have some sort of method that will prevent the gun from getting scratched?
Has anyone had problems with this?

Do they have a method of sighting the pistol or will i have to adjust it myself?

thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
If the shop is a good one and they know what they are doing they will most likely have a sight pusher tool to remove the rear sight. They can then center the sight on the frame, but shooting it is the only way to see if the windage needs small correction. Using the proper tools avoids damage to the gun. This is part of the reason why I now buy all my guns with factory installed night sights if I want them. This way you know for sure they are installed properly and accurized from the factory with no need for adjustments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts