HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am interested in seeing the stamping or engraving work that S&H Arms puts on the MP5K's. I have an older MP5 that was done by S&H of OK. It looks to be stamped "MP 5". How does the more recent work done by S&H look? Is it engraved or stamped? I am going to have an SP89 remarked in the near future and I am unsure who does the closest to factory work. TIA

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I am interested in seeing the stamping or engraving work that S&H Arms puts on the MP5K's. I have an older MP5 that was done by S&H of OK. It looks to be stamped "MP 5". How does the more recent work done by S&H look? Is it engraved or stamped? I am going to have an SP89 remarked in the near future and I am unsure who does the closest to factory work. TIA
Last one I saw (done last year) was stamped, and looked terrible compared to the better engraving jobs. I'd go to IGF or RDTS or TSCMachine if you want one engraved. (Actually, I'd go to Urbach, but if you don't live nearby him it will take a loooong time.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
S+H stampings

I had Curtis do my 94 last year and I would sure as hell rather he never touched the remarking. The rest of the conversion was pretty good.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think he's showing you his MP5k sbr markings that you requested. I'm assuming that this 89 style sbr started life as a rifle, with a fake suppressor pinned on, when he sbr'd it, he had his info engraved onto the receiver as required by ATF.

Edited to add: Rext explained it better! I guess the gun didn't even have to start life as a rifle, it could have been a pistol and the info would still have had to have been engraved when it was registered.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That would be who ever registered it.RDTS usually engraves their info on the bottom rear section under the stock rail.Kinda right above the push pin.Vollmer used to stamp their info on the reciever tang where the lower slides over at the rear.you would have to remove the lower to see it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pic. I was actually looking for examples of the "MP 5 or MP 5K" markings that different HK smiths are putting on the receivers in place of HK 94 or SP 89. Trying to decide who to have remark my receiver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts