HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When mounting a scope on an HK claw mount what are your options for scopes? All I can find is Picatinny rings or Stanag rings that are 30mm. Most of the scopes I am looking to buy are 1 inch tubes.

Also with the claw mount is a long scope going to get in the way of the cocking handle on an HK93?

·
2,832 Posts
ARMS I think makes 1" reduction rings(or whatever they are called) that should work with most 30mm rings.

the HK claw mounts with built in 30mm rings come with 1" inserts, this is really the best of the claw mounts, it will also keep the scope a bit lower than the claw mount with seperate STANAG mount rings

yes on a 93, IMOP 11-12" is max length of scope before it gets in the way of the charging handle

could also go with a B&T or MFI mount, then use whatever rings you want, but I myself like to be able to pop my scope off and have it come back to zero with the claw mounts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Rings for Weaver rails will fit on a Picatinny rail. Picatinny rings will not fit on a Weaver rail.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am stunned you cannot find 1" rings for a Picatinny or 1913 rail. They should be abundant.

If you go claw mount, I would strongly suggest an actual HK with integral rings. They should come with 1" rings to reduce from 30mm.

Depending on the optic you choose, yes they can start to interfere with the cocking handle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts