HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted recently that the leg busted off the Coharie FA carrier. I replaced it with an RCM then decided it was time to take her over to Ken and Matt at TPM Outfitters located in Carrollton, TX. Fortunately its a 25 minute drive. Ken and Matt did a stellar job last year on my Vector 53K so I decided they could go over the CA89 and tell me what she needed. Ken immediately showed me that my gun had a 5.56 rear drum sight so we added that. He then showed me that my gun shipped with a 9mm recoil rod! When I received the gun years ago I replaced all internals with HK parts EXCEPT the carrier and the recoil rod. I purchased a new HK 40/10 recoil rod years ago but never compared it to a 9mm. My bad. My stocks were hard to pin so Ken made a slight adjustment and they fit so much better. We installed the correct recoil rod and test fired some rounds semi. All was good.

It was at that point that I asked him why I could not get any consistent groupings using the Aimpoint Comp ML2? Ken and Matt quickly pointed out that it was loose. Hmmm but it wasn't prior to his firing 5 rounds. I had it mounted on a B&T Low Profile mount to achieve a co-witness. This co-witness was close to the iron sight but slightly elevated. Ken explained, from his own personal experience, that the 10 needs a Picatinny rail to positively eliminate movement. I plan to use this to hunt feral hogs so holding zero is important. They showed me a customers gun that had their proprietary rail attached. I was sold and they welded it on of course milling out the serial # from above the rail. The job was completed in reasonable time. I had them replace the broken buffer in the ATI A3 stock (9mm recoil rod..hmm). She fits easily and I like the look. Pics below. I'll be running her with a Raptor 40 can. BTW: looking thru the correct rear sight I found the red dot perfectly co-witnessed with their rail.

Being in the service business myself I'm kinda a walking referral directory. I have no personal interest in recommending or promoting these guys. I've always received exceptional service at a fair price! I can't say enough about the friendly and personal service I've received. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
looks like fun

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I appreciate hearing about your experiences. I am yet to be a customer of theirs but the conversations I have had with them have been great.

Your 10 looks sweet BTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts