HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything looks good, parkerized finish, a couple of 40rd mags (any way to tell if they're HK? Followers have date code "6/1/1976").

Pretty excited to feel the "magic" of the roller delayed system in 5.56!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Yep, they're HK made for Malaysian and Thai contract. Hopefully it doesn't have +4 rollers and low bolt gap. Make sure the bolt unlocks somewhat easy and that the mags lock in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a good sign that the gap is .007 with no number markings on the rollers?

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Thats a bit on the low-end within the .004-.02 range, but still within spec. You can use some plus size rollers to bring it up to the middle of this range(I'm thinking +4), given this rifle has seen some rounds which means the bolt-gap is pretty
much settled.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Cool, and I also noticed this on the carrier, is the wear a problem or what causes something like this to happen?
That picture sucks so it's hard to tell exactly what's happening. On the face of it it looks like the carrier has been dropped.

·
Registered
407 Posts
If that’s the back end of the carrier then me thinks that’s a crimp to keep the recoil spring assembly retained ??.

I sure miss my Vector 93

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Updated the picture.
Your carrier looks normal except for the major ding/flat spot. It does appear that it was dropped onto a hard surface or suffered some similar fate. A couple of times.
If the ding is bad enough to displace material towards the front surface this could significantly reduce your cocking tube gap and cause the carrier to impact the cocking tube plus increase your bolt gap. Also, if it's bad enough it can make the rifle hard to unlock but you didn't mention that. As it appears in that pic it seems that it isn't severe enough to cause any problems. As said above, your gap is in spec and likely well settled so you could leave it as is and enjoy it or add +2 or even +4 rollers and then enjoy it. Your choice.

What's very good that you don't see is the front surface of the carrier ground on or welded on. Those are signs of band aids that have been applied to these in the past and indicate a problematic build if not a problematic rifle.
Having said that, if mags lock in without modification, the gun works well, the sights are straight, and the bolt gap continues to hold for you until you yourself have fired a few hundred rounds then I'd say you got a nice rifle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the information! Noticed no stiffness in the action of the cocking handle, and mags do lock in nice and snug.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
When I bought mine years ago I had many issues. I replaced all internals with farm fresh HK parts and like magic the C93 ran 100% perfect. So give it a try piece by piece and report back. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only thing that I have encountered with C93's, as far as problems go, is the barrel/front trunnion may not be installed inline with the receiver. I had one in the past where I ran out of rear sight adjustment and still didn't have it on paper.

As for ammo, I have found that the gun runs steel case ammo great.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I have one, runs great and hits idpa target at 200 yrds with no adjustment, I like it. Just wish they had put mag flap in it. Someday it will be a good 2 gun match gun to drag through the dirt.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Only thing that I have encountered with C93's, as far as problems go, is the barrel/front trunnion may not be installed inline with the receiver. I had one in the past where I ran out of rear sight adjustment and still didn't have it on paper.

As for ammo, I have found that the gun runs steel case ammo great.
I had a bent cocking tube and canted sights, like yours the windage maxed out. I Sent it to Mr. Walters at PCS, I had the cocking tube straightened, RCM Barrel installed, and a paddle mag installed. I love it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm troubleshooting a C93 myself- I'd recommend tearing down and cleaning the BCG. Your extractor and extractor spring might need replacing. My bolt gap was too high, so I had to put -4s in mine to get it in spec, so who knows what Century is doing over there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts