HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...though I had a bad experience with Kingsfirearmsonline.com last time, it was a 180 this time. I gave them another chance, mainly because my favorite polymer handgun was on sale for $399, a police-trade in, good condition.

It looked like it had been stored for a while as it had dust, cob webs and human smegma on the grip. She cleaned up nicely though. Came with three mags, all state Law Enforcement only and they needed some cleaning too. I don't think the gun was ever cleaned after its last shooting either.

Anyway, it looks good, the trigger is exactly the way I like it, a light LEM. Here it is below and next to my USP 9 V7 that I purchased brand new a few years ago. Hmmm, $1100 vs $400....being an HK USP, I'm very good with that price :)

Reactions: sdx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent buy, but I just wonder where that gun has really been since 2007. LOL!!!
It came with paperwork for a Safirland holster and has holster wear where it was carried. Looks rarely shot and obviously unused for quite some time. An 07 and 14 build but the 07 feels tighter overall but more outside wear.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is an awesome deal, and 3 magazines!! I am a fan of LEM and police trade in. You get a good deal on a perfectly functioning gun. In my early years I wanted nice and pretty and new. Now I feel used is the route to go, many a good deal an barely used guns. The only gun I have personally liked in 40cal is the USP. Sweet deal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Long time lurker but decided to register to let the community know that you can submit $350 via gunbroker for the same dealer.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Any thoughts on the trade in? Condition of the firearm, etc?
Positive reaction. Internally quite dirty, as expected. Externally, normal holster finish wear several places on the slide, including on the top between the ejection port and the rear sight. No scratches or dings. The frame needed a cleaning, but it wasn't "ew." Struck me as an honest, everyday-carry police pistol. For me, the slide finish wear is not an issue, as I'm sending it out to be refinished, as I did with my Elite. The sights are at least 11 years old, so they are about 1/2 as bright as new -- not great, but still usable.

Mags were internally dirty, but the springs appear to be ok -- not sacked, and no rust. Mag plates were ever-so-slightly stuck -- that feeling you get when something clearly hasn't been opened in years. The carbon on the inside of the mags confirms they were never disassembled for cleaning.

Mechanically, the internals are perfect -- very little wear, and cleaned up nicely. Based on the amount of dirt in deep, and the resistance of the pins when stripping the frame and slide, I'm very confident in saying the pistol had never been detailed stripped since it arrived from Germany in 2007.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice buy! Congratz. Very good price. There should be an only police trade`s store/ web site. I`m sure nothing would last there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
IMG_0953.JPG IMG_0954.JPG IMG_0955.JPG IMG_0957.JPG
Don't know if the pics will show but my dad just picked up a couple of turn in USP 40's one is excellent condition the other shows a little wear but other than that they are great and and both function. I haven't handled them personally but for $365 each I'm happy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Kings has done awesome by me too! I got a usp45 for 5bills, a p2000 40 for 4bills, and a sig 229 stainless for 415. All three were mechanically perfect. Had to replace the grips on the sig. The usp looked like it had never been shot, only occasionally holstered. Blew cobwebs outta the 2000, but it could have otherwise been new!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts