HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to taking some pics of my newest HK.
It's a AH date code USP Compact 9mm Variant 3.
It came with 2 13 round magazines for $470! A steal if you ask me, especially given it's condition.
The thing has almost no wear on it. The hood and slide are in beautiful shape.
I already swapped the mag release for the 45c unit, and I also through on some flat base plates. Huge improvement imo.
Oh, and my LGS is so badass, they also through in a new Triple K OWB leather holster.
This is my new EDC that replaced my Walther PPS. I know, I know, why go UP in size?
Well, I'm a hefty gentleman and I wanted something with a little more capacity, and have been wanting another USPc for years ever since I got rid of my .40 a while back.
And let's face it, it's an HK. Enough said ;)
So far it has carried excellently and is very comfortable. Thanks for looking.

Pretty much no wear from holstering.

Oh, and the gun came with bright night sights!

Here's a close up of the 45c mag release. This is definitely an absolute must for me.

Another shot of the unworn barrel hood/slide

:)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Very nice. You are on the same path I'd like to be on. I have the P30L and have been giving real thought to the USPc9 for CCW. No way I'd find one in that great condition for that price- congrats on that steal. Just having difficulty imagining CCWing the USPc when the S&W Shield is so slim.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I posted a thread in the Heads Up forum. AZ Firearms Arizona Firearms

Call them tomorrow and see if they still got them. Ask for a newer date code. They go for $489, I just shop there regularly so Leon was nice enough to hook me up.

The Shield is a solid piece, but it's all about what's comfortable for you. I was looking at P2000's for a while, but truth be told I just prefer the USPc, idk why. And then when this deal came up I was amazed.

·
Registered
272 Posts
^ I posted a thread in the Heads Up forum. AZ Firearms Arizona Firearms

Call them tomorrow and see if they still got them. Ask for a newer date code. They go for $489, I just shop there regularly so Leon was nice enough to hook me up.

The Shield is a solid piece, but it's all about what's comfortable for you. I was looking at P2000's for a while, but truth be told I just prefer the USPc, idk why. And then when this deal came up I was amazed.
I live in Tucson, where in AZ is this? Did they have any in .45? For that price I'll make a road trip. I'm prepared to spend $1,000 on a new one next week here in town

EDIT - Tempe is about an hour and a half away. I don't think I can resist this

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're packed for the gunshow, so if they don't sell out, good luck.
They had a HK45c for 840 or so, but I'm pretty sure that wont last.
Other than that, all the USP's were 9mm (FS and Compact V3)

·
Registered
272 Posts
They're packed for the gunshow, so if they don't sell out, good luck.
They had a HK45c for 840 or so, but I'm pretty sure that wont last.
Other than that, all the USP's were 9mm (FS and Compact V3)
I don't care for the 45c, I prefer the USPc. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Its a solid deal. Definitely don't come across police trade-ins in these conditions with these prices.

Sneed getting dealzzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B) for sure. When the owner told me they were expecting trade-in HK's I laughed and expected some worn to **** 1994 models with dim mepros, then I saw one and quickly shut up and bought one, lol.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Are you going to add serrations to the slide?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to start out my racking it off the rear sight post on every ledge in my house.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Holy crap. I saw the ones they were selling on GunBroker. The one in the picture was a '90s model and I was pretty tempted at that price. For what you got that's insane.

·
Banned
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Yea, the one on GB that they listed was an earlier model. When they took out all of them for me to hand pick I realized most of the rest were AG and AH models. Like I said, call and ask. They are all is pretty good shape, but I will admit the one I snagged was one of the better ones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Awesome deal! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Wow $470 is outstanding for that USP Compact 9mm! I bought a NIB one for $650 w/free SH off a seller on GB, and Im sure I got a great price, but youre making me jealous LOL, this one still has the HK 3 dot sights. I did same as you, installed a HK45C mag release, also added a spur hammer and converted to V9. Youre going to love your USP, congrats! =)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
good deal! I often think I should have got one of those over the p2000.
They're both solid pistols. Can't go wrong with either budd

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
good deal! I often think I should have got one of those over the p2000.
I paid $625 for my P2000 V3 9mm with two mags, original box, all original accessories, two mags, and serpa holster. I sometimes find the grip slippery, I wish it had the USPs texture, but I've drenched my hands in water and then done draw practice never had an issue. I think the USPc has a better trigger, but the P2000 feels better in my hand and allows me a higher grip.

My advice? Get both. They share magazines at least. And there are some crazy deals on used HKs out there. Bide your time and you can get two gently used for a little over the price of one brand new.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aw man, why does that place have to be so close to me. I was trying to not spend any more money but, I might have to go down there at lunch on Monday. You know, "just to look"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts