HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive always wanted a SP89. I love the look and feel of it. I shot a MP5k in full auto when I was a teen. My dads buddy had 1. I can't justify a HK SP89 at $4000.00 so I got the next best thing. Cohaire Arms is making these with HK parts and after market parts on their receiver. I am very happy so far I will fire it this weekend. I added a B&T mount and a Aimpoint Micro T-1. The Micro T-1 does co witness the sights. The only problem I have with the gun is the selector switches felt loose. I took them out and added shims to the left one this tightened everything up. I dont like the navy lower that came with it so I added the FA navy housing. Its on a form 1.............

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
That is one nice looking clone. Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very nice! I am glad you finally picked her up. Aren't these nice?

Would you tell me what your serial# format is? Don't have to know the all the digits. I'm just wondering how CA mark these. Also does yours say CA89 or CA89K? Even though these are called CA89K, my gun's marked CA89, which I think is the more appropriate name.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its marked CA89 BHB 05x. Is yours similar?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, PLEASE post a report after a range session!! I'm drolling over one of these, want one so bad. Is there anything else that you aren't happy with as far as fit and finish? I'm on the verge of buying one of these. Thanks for the pics. I was watching this one when you bought it on GB. It only to about a week for you to receiver it, right? Thanks again! ARKAR

·
Registered
223 Posts
AKATTACK,
I won my auction on 9/21, received shipping info on 10/12 and my FFL received the weapon on 10/16.
I would say that compared to my SP-89 it is pretty similiar. My paddle mag release has some play side to side but the mag can be inserted, holds in the weapon 100% and releases fairly smooth. Other than that I think that I got what I paid for.
The last auction went off with "BIN" on 10/31. That was the 8th one that the seller had listed which sold. I am not sure how many CA has but the auction itself said, "There were only 3 of these next batch is 2 months off". Don't know how true that is considering how many were sold.
I wish they would sell out so I could sell mine!
I purchased my CA and in the time it took to receive it I found a SP-89 so I really do not need both.
TC

·
Registered
223 Posts
P.S.
I have not shot mine but it is quite clear from inspecting the weapon that it has been factory fired. My lower fits tight(thought I read somewhere that another board members was short of the butt cap), the foregrip is pretty tight, the action is smooth, cocks nicely, finish is nice, 9x19 stamp is not as crisp as I would like it to be but again I think I got my money's worth......
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
47 Posts
AKATTACK,
The last auction went off with "BIN" on 10/31. That was the 8th one that the seller had listed which sold. I am not sure how many CA has but the auction itself said, "There were only 3 of these next batch is 2 months off". Don't know how true that is considering how many were sold.
I wish they would sell out so I could sell mine!
I purchased my CA and in the time it took to receive it I found a SP-89 so I really do not need both.
TC
I think you're in luck. I am the buyer. I was told that I got the last one. We'll see , I guess.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ive always wanted a SP89. I love the look and feel of it. I shot a MP5k in full auto when I was a teen. My dads buddy had 1. I can't justify a HK SP89 at $4000.00 so I got the next best thing. Cohaire Arms is making these with HK parts and after market parts on their receiver. I am very happy so far I will fire it this weekend. I added a B&T mount and a Aimpoint Micro T-1. The Micro T-1 does co witness the sights. The only problem I have with the gun is the selector switches felt loose. I took them out and added shims to the left one this tightened everything up. I have a SP89 metal lower in route for it. I dont like the navy.
Please let us know how it works for you. My check went out today. Can't wait for it to get here.

·
Registered
217 Posts
By the way, I have the serial# info. Mine is BHA 05x.

I think it shows that mine to be part of batch "A", where as you guys have BHB, which is "B" batch. Mine was made last year, so it's reasonable to assume that B batch were all made this year. At least it seems that way. It looks like each batch is about 50-60 CA89. Sunnybean, let us know what you have. I think yours will be BHB 55 or 56. This will probably mark the end of run for this year. If Coharie feels like it, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a batch C, unless they out of parts.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took it out to the range today, and wow not one single Fail to feed or fail to fire. I used HK mags and it was smooth as butter. Only problem was The Aimpoint Micro T-1 was extremely hard to shoot in and i am still not happy with were I am at with it. Any suggestions with shooting in a Aimpoint. it says Up and Right on both dials. What a pain. I can shoot my EOtechs in in minutes!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Don't think so sunnybeam, I bought my CA89K off gunbroker at the beginning of Nov, just got BHB 059 today:62: Now off to IGF to add the good stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't think so sunnybeam, I bought my CA89K off gunbroker at the beginning of Nov, just got BHB 059 today:62: Now off to IGF to add the good stuff.

I can't even get a email back to see if he got the MO I sent last week...WTF? The lack of email response and/or poorly worded messages has been a pain. Once he wrote back to say they didn't have any pistols (after I'd sent the MO). Then, responded that they still had mine??? I just hope to see it soon. Thus far, I'm not impressed with the customer service.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice looking gun

The pics are nice. Should provide many years of range memories.

We Have a few of those in .45 cal.

Good to hear you got some trigger-time at the range!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts