HKPRO Forums banner

Picked up my CA89K today She is sweet! "Pics"

9634 Views 17 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  prusik1
Ive always wanted a SP89. I love the look and feel of it. I shot a MP5k in full auto when I was a teen. My dads buddy had 1. I can't justify a HK SP89 at $4000.00 so I got the next best thing. Cohaire Arms is making these with HK parts and after market parts on their receiver. I am very happy so far I will fire it this weekend. I added a B&T mount and a Aimpoint Micro T-1. The Micro T-1 does co witness the sights. The only problem I have with the gun is the selector switches felt loose. I took them out and added shims to the left one this tightened everything up. I dont like the navy lower that came with it so I added the FA navy housing. Its on a form 1.............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
AKATTACK,
I won my auction on 9/21, received shipping info on 10/12 and my FFL received the weapon on 10/16.
I would say that compared to my SP-89 it is pretty similiar. My paddle mag release has some play side to side but the mag can be inserted, holds in the weapon 100% and releases fairly smooth. Other than that I think that I got what I paid for.
The last auction went off with "BIN" on 10/31. That was the 8th one that the seller had listed which sold. I am not sure how many CA has but the auction itself said, "There were only 3 of these next batch is 2 months off". Don't know how true that is considering how many were sold.
I wish they would sell out so I could sell mine!
I purchased my CA and in the time it took to receive it I found a SP-89 so I really do not need both.
TC

· Registered
220 Posts
P.S.
I have not shot mine but it is quite clear from inspecting the weapon that it has been factory fired. My lower fits tight(thought I read somewhere that another board members was short of the butt cap), the foregrip is pretty tight, the action is smooth, cocks nicely, finish is nice, 9x19 stamp is not as crisp as I would like it to be but again I think I got my money's worth......
Pictures are worth a thousand words.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.