HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my HK45 this afternoon.

I was gonna wait it out and leave it at the FFL so I would actually study, as this week is full of tests. But I'm sure as you can see....that didn't work out as planned.

Got a few questions I couldn't find in the manual - which I must say is one of the best I have read! Very informative and detailed!!!

1. I haven't fired the pistol yet, but I was running some drills to get a feel for it. I noticed that the extractor also acts as the chamber indicator. But it seems to look the exact same with a round chambered and without. I'm guessing I need to fire it and see if it changes, but I figured it would show a difference beforehand.

2. The famous lock out device: the manual says to use the provided 2-prong key. I looked but didn't find a key in my case. It wasn't in any of the packaging or taped to the side of the case under the foam. This really isn't a concern for me as I will never use it - but I just curious as to how it blocked function of the gun. Did anyone get the key in their case?

3. I field stripped the pistol to clean/add oil and noticed a white plastic piece around the recoil spring. I'm guessing this is to just maintain spacing between the barrel during recoils?

4. The o-ring: I see that several were provided with the pistol. How often do I replace the o-ring?

5. I was reading about the different trigger variants and see the LEM trigger I purchased is not the way I want to go. My other handgun is a 1911 so I am used to the SAO. I would like the HK to be SAO, but also see the value of the DA/SA. I also bought a HK, not a 1911 - but I'm glad to see I can make the HK SAO.

First question, and remember this is from a 1911 shooter, what is the purpose of the decocker? I assume its to 'disarm' the gun without unloading the chambered round or just a 2nd added security?

Second, in the manual it states the V9 or V10 can be carried in the double-action mode and provides second strike primer ability to SA shooters? Does that mean what was DA is now SA, and the SA remains there? So the original DA/SA pull is now two SA pulls in the same motion?

Do I have that right, or just wishful thinking?

Hopefully I worded my questions correctly and didn't ask a stupid question. I am really impressed with the HK45 and glad I waited the 2 months after hearing about it while shopping for a USP45.

Thank you in advance!

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
I can try and answer some of your questions.

First off, congrats on your HK45. I wish I could get one.

2. The last few of my HKs did NOT come with the key for the lock out device. I, much like you, don't care for that feature.

3. I believe O-rings can go 20,000 rounds between changes.

The purpose of the decocker is to return the hammer to the "rest" position WITHOUT pulling the trigger. If you pull the trigger to return the hammer to the rest position (like they do in movies) then you are by-passing the internal safeties.

I'm not sure on the last one there bro. Perhaps another forum member can take a crack at it.

Good luck with your new weapon and post pics!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can try and answer some of your questions.

First off, congrats on your HK45. I wish I could get one.

2. The last few of my HKs did NOT come with the key for the lock out device. I, much like you, don't care for that feature.

3. I believe O-rings can go 20,000 rounds between changes.

The purpose of the decocker is to return the hammer to the "rest" position WITHOUT pulling the trigger. If you pull the trigger to return the hammer to the rest position (like they do in movies) then you are by-passing the internal safeties.

I'm not sure on the last one there bro. Perhaps another forum member can take a crack at it.

Good luck with your new weapon and post pics!
Thanks for the reply! I can't wait to shoot her this weekend!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts