HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, weeks after getting my first HK (p2000sk), I found the last P30 in my area and picked it up this morning! It is ...well, WOW is the best word to describe it. Its absolutely wonderful feeling, weight-wise, etc... I can't wait to fire a couple hundred rounds through it this week!

But it got me thinking, while I know there is a debate about weapon lights (yes, I have a Surefire X300 which I love), I really thought about accessories, ammunition, magazines, etc. and what most people feel is "necessary" to have on hand. I have about 500 rounds of FMJ practice ammo right now, about 100 rounds of JHP ammo, and that's about it.

What are some suggestions about what I should pick up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
what to pick up? A friend to share the shooting fun with?
10 extra mags from cdnn
10,000 extra rounds of range ammo. Oh just get 25,000. That's a palette and you can have it drop shipped.
holster? Mag holders?
a handful of goodies from HK's webshop, hat, shirt, lanyard, keychain, knife and a watch to start.
and a sister HK to make triplets.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Magazines, holster/mag pouches, training. Then somo more ammo.
+1 on the training!!!!!

The best thing you can buy for your gun is some professional instruction on how to shoot it well. 70-80% of the people that I see shooting at local ranges have poor form.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
+1 on the training!!!!!

The best thing you can buy for your gun is some professional instruction on how to shoot it well. 70-80% of the people that I see shooting at local ranges have poor form.
+2
And plenty of ammo and some extra mags.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses so far! I failed to mention that I had already taken my NRA basic pistol course with a gentleman who was great and probably had me on the range 25-30+ hours over the course and then another ton of time off the range discussing, cleaning, etc.

As for mags, I kinda figured that would be one of the #1 things to buy along with of course, more ammo, but I guess I wanted to make sure there wasn't something I wasn't thinking of apart from those things.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good, that means now you're ready for some real training. Lot's of good schools/insturctors out there depending on where you live. It's always money well invested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good, that means now you're ready for some real training. Lot's of good schools/insturctors out there depending on where you live. It's always money well invested.
I aware that there is a Blackwater training course about 90 or so minutes from me in Illinois that I was checking out online the other day. Come summertime, I am seriously thinking about it based on location.

It sounds as though getting plenty of extra mags is a BIG component of what my collection should be.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I aware that there is a Blackwater training course about 90 or so minutes from me in Illinois that I was checking out online the other day. Come summertime, I am seriously thinking about it based on location.

It sounds as though getting plenty of extra mags is a BIG component of what my collection should be.
You wont regret it. I went to the BW High Risk Op course in Oct. and it was awesome. Your shooting skills will jump up a few levels for sure.

·
Registered
381 Posts
How much is it for the Blackwater training course? Perhaps we could get an HK themed class and get a bunch of HKPro people in at one time?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts