HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a close up picture of their P9S threaded barrel and adapter? I need to thread mine and was wondering what was done. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CZ-75 that's perfect. That's what I had in mind to do but wanted to be sure.:D

G

·
Does anyone have a close up picture of their P9S threaded barrel and adapter? I need to thread mine and was wondering what was done. Thanks.
Hi CZ-75,

May I bother you for these pictures also? I may need to get mine threaded too if I can't find one to buy.

·
1,242 Posts
Thanks, Osprey.

I lost a bunch of pics when Imagestation closed... I never got any notice because I signed up with an old email acount.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Threaded barrel adaptor

+1 for Mark/TROS. Not to change the subject, but the adaptor works great to suppress other guns also. Here it is on a P7:

With the adaptor you can use cans theaded 2 ways and a 3-lug subgun can (Gemtech Raptor) as shown here. Very fun to shoot the P9 and P7 this way with their fixed barrels.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Kermil,

I have a P9S threaded by Mark just like the pic above. Did you have your P7 threaded the same way and just used the P9S adaptor to accept the 3 lug adaptor? I know Mark sells a 3 lug adaptor to mount on a 1/2
X28 threaded barrel, I am actually thinking on getting that for my P9S also. I have a Trident coming that will have both threads and the 3 lug.

Let me know how the P7 fires suppressed, I have several P7's and might want to go that way also. I have just heard reports that there is a lot of "blow back' in your face from the pressure from the P7. Never shot one suppressed myself though.

Rick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me know how the P7 fires suppressed, I have several P7's and might want to go that way also. I have just heard reports that there is a lot of "blow back' in your face from the pressure from the P7. Never shot one suppressed myself though.
I bought a P7M8 that already had a threaded barrel. Putting a threaded barrel in one is not a drop in like a Tactical, Glock, or Sig. Both the P7 and P9S have fixed barrels which I prefer for suppressed shooting. I have a Raptor and AAC Evo 9 and both work well on these 2 pistols. There is some blowback, but it doesn't bother me at all for the sound reduction. I wear eye protection and usually don't notice it. 147gr ammo works best but isn't recommended in the P7's so I usually just use it in P9S and subguns. Both are a lot of fun to shoot suppressed though.
TROS is probably a couple month lead time to thread a barrel, I would buy the one he has in stock and try it on a P9S. If you like it then get the P7 done and if not they are easy to sell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but being completely unfamiliar with TROS (does anyone have a website link or phone #?) I would like to inquire if TROS can "pull" the fixed barrel on a P7M8 or PSP or would one have to have someone else remove and reinstall the barrel? If so, who does that kind of work besides HK? I did some searching but couldn't find many answers. Thanks for any info ahead of time.
Charlie

·
2,831 Posts
Mark
http://www.trosusa.com/

Excuse my ignorance, but being completely unfamiliar with TROS (does anyone have a website link or phone #?) I would like to inquire if TROS can "pull" the fixed barrel on a P7M8 or PSP or would one have to have someone else remove and reinstall the barrel? If so, who does that kind of work besides HK? I did some searching but couldn't find many answers. Thanks for any info ahead of time.
Charlie

·
Registered
47 Posts
Charlie
No, I don't do barrel install/removal on the P7 series. I use Mark Graham at Arizona Response Systems for that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts