HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased the Umarex HK MP-5 SD and A5 (22 LR) and just finished adding some accessories. Here's a few shots that I have captured:

I'm planning on going to the range this weekend and getting them zeroed.

FYI: I am a professional photographer and enjoy utilizing custom lighting to illuminate weapons so they look three dimensional.

Scott

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
looks more like a gsg-5 rifle in .22lr all dressed up and not a hk 416 to me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, for starters only the last pic is an MP5SD and the other ones are of an MP5. None of the pics are of a 416 SD, A5 or whatever.
You are correct, my mistake. I also have an HK 416 and I simply screwed up when posting. Sorry! They are HK MP-5's
I stand corrected and thanks for bringing it to my attention.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You made the mistake of referring to Umarex .22LR clones as "MP5s" and the hive has repremanded you accordingly. Nice pics however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice optics, too. Is that an EoTech 3x magnifier?
Yes, it's an XPS 2.0 w/ Eotech 3x Magnifier with the flip to side mount. I have many weapon systems (AR, FNH platforms) and many of them have this same set up. I have been very pleased with the ease of functionality and speed af acquiring targets. I love the look of the HK style weapons and was looking for a .22 LR that I could have fun with and not break the bank in ammo expense. I have owned in the past the HK USC and the SL8-6 and regret selling them. I have always been a fan of the H&K line.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Very nice photog job. I'm no fan of the 22 clone as they don't accept a sear, but you could have gotten a centerfire gun with all the jing you spent on the accessories. :biggrin:... oh... and before we forget, welcome to the forum. You'll learn to give as well as take, so have fun here. It's all about the HK hobby... enjoy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet pics!
Thanks Chuckanut!

Very nice photog job. I'm no fan of the 22 clone as they don't accept a sear, but you could have gotten a centerfire gun with all the jing you spent on the accessories. :biggrin:... oh... and before we forget, welcome to the forum. You'll learn to give as well as take, so have fun here. It's all about the HK hobby... enjoy.
Thanks and I agree. I have weapons of many calibers that are all centerfire, I have always wanted a 22 LR for plinking and to save on ammo expense. Thanks for the welcome as I am a newbie here. It started off a bit rough but I'm learning. :)
I live in Illinois so I am a bit limited due to state rules! I envy you guys that live in states where you can pay the fee and shoot in auto! That must be a blast! (no pun intended)

Thanks again to everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seriously nice photowork there! Black backdrop, thin line, 1 or 2 strobes with softboxes and maybe a little photoshop/lightroom? What camera/lens are you running?
Thanks Ringer,
Actually it is was shot with 7 studio strobes will all grids and snoots. No softboxes at all! I use a Canon 1DS MKIII Body and for these it was shot with a Canon 100mm Macro. Don't need the macro feature but I do like the smaller aperatures for depth of field. Very little Photoshop is used since I try to do most of it in the camera at time of capture.

If you are interested in the photography side of shooting guns, I created a Blog page that displays Gunshots and shares some tips on shooting them. If you Google "Gunshotsphotography blog" just like this, it will be the 2nd and 3rd link entitled "Gunshots".
Check it out if you get a chance. I am posting new shots and tips frequently.

I would post the link but Im pretty sure the moderators of this forum will remove it.
Thanks again,
Scott

1 - 20 of 30 Posts