HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a real one, but runs like one in semi. Just got my Form 1 back yesterday so on went the B&T stock and foregrip! As you all know this really changes this animal. Mine is a Vector V89K with a F/A carrier. Now I am waiting for a Trident to come to mate up with that threaded barrel. If I am lucky (save enough), one day a regestered pack will be added. If you have a chance at buying one of these V89's at a decent price, do it. Very well built and zero trouble through 500 rounds now with all stock parts.

Sorry for the large pics, forgot to reset the camera. had to add my favorite handgun too! I still need to "Pin" the lower I made and come up with a sling option. This will be a "shooter" as it is to much fun not to.

Rick

·
Registered
243 Posts
do you....

want to sell it?

That is a great looking piece. I am from your area and I know a few more people looking for one like that, or building one like yours.

I actually talked to Vector 53K...they are waiting for my check basically....should almost be there by know

V

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raymond,

Do you have a stock adaptor to use the A3 stock? If so, where did you find it? If you can shoot me a pic of your SP89 I would love to see it, here is my e-mail if you can.

I will try the website to resize the pics also.

Rick
[email protected]

·
Registered
255 Posts
no full auto for me here in WA so searless for now. but did
manage to SBR the puppy just weeks before the prohibition
slammed the door closed in WA state. i couldn't move fast
enough as the same law covered SBS also...kicking myself.

yes, i used adaptor which allows fitment of A2 and A3 stocks.
i picked it up from Fleming...but reportedly, he hasn't been
very responsive lately. dunno if bad health or bad business.
but when I was dealing with him, he was great with emailing
and sharing his insight and knowledge of HKs.

the adaptor can be found every few months or so but are
getting more scarce. previously manuf'd by S&H and Fleming...
but not seen much since. one came up on HKPRO about 5-6
mos back and it was sucked up within hrs. if you see one,
plan on paying about $100-150. i wouldn't quibble that when
they were easily had, they went for about $99 from Fleming...
but about $200+ from S&H (very rarely seen now).

understand, however, that if your receiver has tabs welded
over the rail grooves it'll need to be removed to allow retraction
of the A3 stock.

Stocks with a little drop (B+T and A2) are more suitable for
good rifle work and ergonomics. but the A3 was much better
for me as it locked open and closed, and saved well over 1"
in thickness when collapsed. I've used the folders but once
it came to using with thigh/shoulder rigs....and deploying
while wearing carrying vest etc, the compactness of the A3
design overshadowed the B+T. sold the B+T and Choate.

for my needs/use, the A3 was very satisfactory. i have a
small form factor large pistol, and I use it that way....not
as a rifle. the A3 stock helps to steady things when brought
up to the shoulder...and only for close in work...not requiring
the ergonomic perfection of the stocks which have drops.

the A3 mod isn't popular with most, but it was perfect for my
needs...sufficiently so that I invested in the mod.

K-grip has dual beam laser (IR and VIS) aimer. extended
barrel hosts a Raptor (not shown)

·
Registered
244 Posts
flya727...looks great, wait until you get your Trident...it will be sweeeet. Congrats!! I would like to see a K gun with an A2 stock..anyone have pics?

·
Registered
390 Posts
That's a nice ruby red scope you have there. It's weird how the scope loses the ruby red color in the second pic. That's an aimpoint correct? What model?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Look sweet! But...you should get the smaller PDW size forgrip :D

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That's a nice ruby red scope you have there. It's weird how the scope loses the ruby red color in the second pic. That's an aimpoint correct? What model?
Its definatly an aimpoint.

You can barely make out on the bottom of the scope (in the second pic) looks like a CompM2 (4moa)

The red is the multi-coating they put on, to make light transmit better through the glass/scope, and depending on the coating, it can be greenish, redish, or yellowish, (Ex. Trijicon Reflex is more green/yellow, wheras Aimpoint is more red-ish orange) and it will change color depending on the angle ;)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
flya727- Thanks for the pics! Both guns look great!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Its a Comp M2 I have several. Sweet gun where did you get the 15 round LEO marked mags?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
That's awesome!

Wish I could have one. That would be such a great zombie gun!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow. Would you do me a favor?

Go out and shoot the hell out of that........

Freaking Beautiful!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, the mount is a low mount B&T. With the Aimpoint M2 you get a true "co-wittness" setup. For everyday shooting, I prefer the standard "K" grip. The Surefire rail is nice for adding things, but not for just a day at the range. What really makes a huge difference is the B&Y stock. Almost like shooting a full stock. It has that rubberized part on the top that really softens the cheek weld.

So far 400 trouble free rounds with stock Vector parts. At 25 meters you can make a 3-4 inch "hole" with 2 30 round mags, very accurate.

I picked up the 15 rounders here, for $30.00 a piece, got 3. I have 6 "pre-ban" 30 roundwers that I would like to trade one for a 30 round "LEO" mag just because they are different! The Ambi sling pin i got from one of the HK parts guys here, can't remember which on now, but I need a dual "clip" sling to rig it up. Can't say enough about Vector, they threaded the barrel for free. I had a warrenty issue and they wanted to make me happy! Now just waiting on the Trident to make it more fun and varmit friendly!

Rick

1 - 20 of 30 Posts