HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Been working on getting this gun complete for a few months now, and it has finally all come together! This gun is NJ legal and I've had to jump through some hoops to get it compliant in my state, and keep it looking good at the same time. Every part on this gun is brand new and unfired besides at the HK Factory in Germany. It looks so good, I don't know if I ever want to shoot it! Big thanks to Jayson Cotter at IGF for the engraving and milling/refinishing my gas block, and thanks to the vendors for the parts to complete it.

- HK416 14.5" upper with blind pinned/welded YHM Phantom Muzzle Brake (NON-NFA 16")

- Bayo Lugs milled off of gas block and refinished by Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms (AMAZING JOB)

- HK416 Full Auto Engraving done by Jayson Cotter at Investment Grade Firearms (AMAZING JOB)

- Magpul E-Mag has a 15 round capacity in a 30 round body (Hard for me to find!)

- HK Stock Pinned by AviatorDave on the forum (Great Job)

- HK Factory German Rail Covers (HKParts.net)

- HK Factory German Vertical Grip (HKParts.net)

- HK German Ambi Charging Handle (HKParts.net)

- HK MR556 Semi-Auto Bolt Carrier (Not Full Auto Capable)

Let me know what you think! I love this rifle, when it's shouldered, it just feels right!

Don't forget to let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You better want to shoot it the next time we meet up!

But its an awesome looking gun! Im sure your happy to have it all back lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'll be looking to get a mr556 soon but have to make it ct legal. As far as the buttstock pinning. I thought that if you were to tighten the pressure screw that is incorporated in the HK stock which would be considered pinning as you would need a tool to loosen the screw to move it or take it off. What did you do for your stock?. I plan on having an gunsmith pin on a brake where I'm going to order it also.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sean, I will def shoot it, just going to be hard to pull the trigger for the first time haha

And in NJ the stock needs to be permanently pinned so it can not be collapsed or extended even with a tool. AviatorDave drilled a hole and tapped in a roll pin which can not be removed. Very clean and easy way to disable the stock.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Yeah man, looks awesome! Shoot it... shoot the hell out of it and give it the respect its earned ;)

·
HK Shooting Team
2,798 Posts
great job.....ordered that flash hider last night and trying to decided which to pin on a 14.5 upper

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks great, just waiting for the video :)

Is there a law about max 15 rounds in FA rifles?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
As far as the buttstock pinning. I thought that if you were to tighten the pressure screw that is incorporated in the HK stock which would be considered pinning as you would need a tool to loosen the screw to move it or take it off. What did you do for your stock?.
In my MR, even with this screw tighten to the max, I can still move stock. It is very tight, with zero play, but still not locked in place. This might be only in mine, but I would double check if this screw is enough "pinning" if someone will really try to prove that stock can be adjusted.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! I'll grab some nicer pics/videos of it shooting soon.

3GUN-DVC - My gun has a semi auto MR556 lower on it, IGF just put the full auto markings by the selector for the look of a real 416.

And in my state, NJ, they only allow a 15 round capacity unfortunately.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I would love to know how much it cost you to put all the together, and whether or not you bought the HK416 at first then worked on it piece by piece?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Looks awesome I have Jayson working on mine also. Shortening the MR556 upper to 10.4 and adjusting the gas block. He is also engraving my POF P 416 lower to look like the factory HK 416 lower.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts