HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't think of what search terms to use to see if this has been discussed before.

I noticed on the HK45 youtube review that they mentioned the pistol has an expected 'life' of about 25000 rounds. I noticed for my new USPc that it says the polymer bushing on the spring is good for about 20,000 rounds (though presumably it can be replaced after that).

Is there something else that wears out over time that limits the lifetime of the gun? I don't know if i'll ever put 25,000 rounds through mine - but if you shoot a lot I figure you'll do that in just a few years (if you shoot 500 rounds a week that's 26k in a year).

·
Registered
802 Posts
The service life for most guns are around 25K-30K. That what it is designed for. That doesn't mean to say it won't last longer than that. Service life and usable life are two totally different things. Very few companies design products to last forever.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I have documented 32K rounds through my P229 duty weapon in .357 Sig, been resprung 3x, and had a broken trigger bar once.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
HKPRO member "50ae" claims to have over 100,000 rounds through his USP .45. The only parts he has replaced are the springs. Search his name for his posts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a Glock 17 with over 73,000 rounds through it. Broke the extractor at around the 50,000 round mark. I replace the recoil and firing pin springs once a year. Other than the extractor, I have had no problems whatsoever. Stay on top of that recoil spring and you should easily get a service life of over 50,000 rounds through any quality service pistol.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My 229 is still a tack driver with the original factory barrel. Concern now is for frame stretch rather than anything else.

We were advised that service life of the weapons would be approx 60K rounds.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My 229 is still a tack driver with the original factory barrel. Concern now is for frame stretch rather than anything else.

We were advised that service life of the weapons would be approx 60K rounds.
Very impressive considering how hot 357 SiG is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 40K thru a 226 9mm and no issues.
seems brand new. It varies by design. Why worry if its not a collectable.
The ammo cost exceeds the gun by 100x, so shoot it and when it wears out, fix it or if not economical get another.
j

·
Registered
35 Posts
My IPSC Limited Division 1911 (a Les Baer Premier II in .45 ACP) has seen about 40,000 rounds so far and hardly shows any wear. There is still no play in the slide to frame fit, and the barrel locks up tight. It's also been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My IPSC Limited Division 1911 (a Les Baer Premier II in .45 ACP) has seen about 40,000 rounds so far and hardly shows any wear. There is still no play in the slide to frame fit, and the barrel locks up tight. It's also been 100% reliable.
Well made guns last a very long time ;)

The Mark23 is proofed at 30,000 rounds of +P ammo, so any normal USP should take tens if not hundred(s) of thousands of rounds of regular ammo in a given time. Weather it will wear out is debatable, but springs and possibly things like extractors or firing pins may need to be replaced.

Just take good care of your gun, and she'll take good care of you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts