HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post here so let me add that my PK2000 as well as the SK version in 9mm are my primary carry guns. I went for 9mm since my hands and arms are of average strength for a 50 year old and I thought the 40 S&W would make reaquiring the target a tad more difficult give the lighter frame.

I sometimes carry a Sig 229 in .40 and I have had the magazine release switched (I shoot right-handed) so my trigger finger can pop out and release it on the right side. Why guns were never designed that way remains a mystery to me.

I wish to be consistent, as well as speedy, with speed loads. Pushing down and/or pulling back on the PK2000 mag release can easily be done 20 times in a row. At that point my finger begins to feel some discomfort. I could switch to trying to use the middle finger, or place it atop the trigger finger, but doing so makes using the Sig 229 inconsistent for carry as under stress I want to be doing basically the same move for each gun.

Is there a spring available to replace the one I see in the release mechanism now in the PK2000, and is it as simple as removing the roll pin that I see and changing it? If so, any ideas on where to obtain one fast as I'm taking a combat shooting class next Saturday with 800-900 rds fired and I'd like to order it and get it replaced before the class. I have punches so if I could do it myself that would be great as the nearest qualified gunsmith is a 40 minute drive away.

Thanks in advance,
Walsh

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ANSWER to spring on PK2000 mag release

Since I have the compact version also I pushed the pin out. The spring used is a very solid one. I cut about 3/4's of a spiral off and placed it back in. It is now just that little bit easier such that I don't need to be perfectly positioned to get the maximum leverage for release and in drawing from my holster numerous times, since your middle finger immediately is placed under the release there is no problem with an accidental release that I forsee.

I just wanted to post my solution should anyone else be searching for how to make the mag release spring easier to work.

MW

1 - 2 of 2 Posts