HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my plan. Getting the PTR91GI, replacing the lower with a clipped and pinned metal lower, wooden stock, and adding the paddle mag release. I have found two places that have the PTR91GI, Atlantic Firearms and One Source Tactical. Have any of you bought from either one of these companies? Has it been a good or bad experience from either one? What are your thoughts? I have never purchased from either one. Now, as far as the PTR is concerned. Are they worth the money? I'm looking for honest, first hand experience of these rifles. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I am very interested in the PTR GI version, so I would like the experiences to be of that model. Just trying to make a good choice from the beginning. Thanks. Post some pics too if you have one.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
CDNN has them for $899. I have one and like it, going on 2 years now and is my go to Battle rifle.

BTW this subject has been beat to death use the search function and read up.

HDH.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
While this has been covered, I'll give you the 411. The chamber on these newer GI rifles seems to eat surplus ammo like the older JLD guns did, but many PTR guns didn't. However, the supply of real foreign contract bolts, & carriers seems to be running low, so PTR is now making these parts in the US. The bolts have been breaking, & many people actually buy nice surplus bolt/carrier sets for near $200 to assure they don't fail. To combat this, PTR now guarantees all US made parts for life. [or 5 years, I forget which] My advice would be to purchase a used JLD marked gun ser # A####. The PTR marked AW guns up to AW1000 seem to be fine also. Atlantic has a great reputation for standing behind the customer, & I think they give discounts to HK PRO users. So try to find a JLD A#### gun. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I love my heavy barrel PTR 91 and plan on a GI in the future. 2 MOA with iron sights and everything I can throw at it

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've done a lot of business with One Source Tactical over the years and had only positive experiences so far.
Their package deal on the PTR seems like a good value. Between OneSource and PTR there is very little risk in this purchase.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've done a lot of business with One Source Tactical over the years and had only positive experiences so far.
Their package deal on the PTR seems like a good value. Between OneSource and PTR there is very little risk in this purchase.
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for, needed to know how these business are treating their customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts