HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I have a p2000 in 40 cal i was wondering if I should opt for the uspt40 as oppose to the tac 45 since it would be best to train with your caliber. I hear 40. is snappy but how does the 40 feel compared to the 45. I also have small hands so i am considering the uspt40 since the grip is a bit smaller.

edit- plus witht the 40 i can get jetfunnel

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Just me talking but I personally don't like, nor own anything in 40. I like the 45acp I think it is alot less snappy then the 40. But you know what they say about opinions.;)

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have a USPf 40 and also a USPf tach in 45. It's your decision! If you reload that might sway your opnion of which one. I don't know how much $$$ difference there is between 40 vs 45 ammo, but if your buying that's always a consideration. TJ

·
Registered
46 Posts
Choose the .45acp. Following the concept of bigger and heavier pistol bullets is still the best direction and use a 230-gr JHP of good design (Gold Dot, Golden Saber, Ranger-T, Federal Tactical and HST) for personal defense to increase your advantages.

I will go for the USP9 if prerogative is mag capacity. To me, the .40SW cartridge already served its purpose during the time when 9mm and .45acp JHP's are not as good as it is now. for this caliber I have strong bias for the 147gr JHP, though standard 124gr JHP (non-+P/+P+) loads are also good.

·
Registered
279 Posts
40v45

You really need to try both. People seem to love one and hate the other. One consideration for the 45 is you are considering a supressor. No special ammo for a supressed 45.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I recently purchased the USP .40 Tac to go along with my 45 Tac. The .40 has the jet funnell and it is awesome. I can tell you that they are both tack drivers. The 40 w/a rail adapter and light does not have much muzzle rise at all. In fact we were doing night fire 2 days ago and another officer commented that when I was doing a rapid fire dump at seven yards he couldn't see the muzzle rise at all. I let him do the same drill and I watched. He was level as a board. Everything well on target. To this point I believe the jet funnell helps because of the grip. It's just perfect. We train a lot so I know this helps but the 40 in this configuration is a great shooter and my 45 will take a well earned rest for awhile. If you have smaller hands then I can easliy recommend the .40 but you really can't go wrong with either.
Good Luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently purchased the USP .40 Tac to go along with my 45 Tac. The .40 has the jet funnell and it is awesome. I can tell you that they are both tack drivers. The 40 w/a rail adapter and light does not have much muzzle rise at all. In fact we were doing night fire 2 days ago and another officer commented that when I was doing a rapid fire dump at seven yards he couldn't see the muzzle rise at all. I let him do the same drill and I watched. He was level as a board. Everything well on target. To this point I believe the jet funnell helps because of the grip. It's just perfect. We train a lot so I know this helps but the 40 in this configuration is a great shooter and my 45 will take a well earned rest for awhile. If you have smaller hands then I can easliy recommend the .40 but you really can't go wrong with either.
Good Luck

Based on your reply, I am very much looking forward to getting my USPT .40 next week, as it sounds very similar to your configuration (jet funnel, rail adapter w/light). I have the CCF Titanium Vortex Accurizer/Flash Suppressor coming in as well, which I'm hoping will further reduce muzzle flip. =)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm a new shooter and I purchased the 40T with Mep. Adj NS, rail adapter, X2L and JF from MLS recently. I find the recoil and muzzle flip perfectly manageable with the hogue handall grip that I added for $10. Other than some new shooter inconsistency, it's a tack driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts