HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old transfer guy moved, so now I need a new one.

Any recommendations for a FFL transfer host in these cities?

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Local FFL

You are in luck. One FFL that I can recommend is Keith Dopson of "Dopson Consulting". His location, while actually in Dallas, is only just a little bit south of Plano... essentially Preston and Frankford area.

The best part? $5 transfers

:)

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I use RCSUnlimited. He's actually up in Anna, just north of McKinney. His name is Craig, his website is www.rcsunlimited.com. He charges $10 for semi-auto transfers and $20 for NFA transfers.

He has no problem with transfers from individuals, and he's also a dealer for some of the suppressor companies. I've transferred a sear, 2 91's, and a 93 through him.

Oh, and don't bother trying any of the gun shops. The one I found that would do transfers from individuals wanted $40, and would then charge a percentage of the purchase price if it was a gun that they also sell. Bunch o' jerks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
$5

Holy Cow! $5!! You can't beat that...

I have used Plano Pawn Shop, due to convenience. My office is just 5 minutes from there and they charge $15.

Aviator Dave....you must be talking about the 'trap' wanting transfer fee and % of value. Rediculous.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Holy Cow! $5!! You can't beat that...

I have used Plano Pawn Shop, due to convenience. My office is just 5 minutes from there and they charge $15.

Aviator Dave....you must be talking about the 'trap' wanting transfer fee and % of value. Rediculous.
Yep, it's the trap alright. I almost transferred one through them, but I started reading their form they have you fill out. First, their website said $30, but when I got in the store it $40 but "Oh, our website just hasn't been updated yet."

I like dealing with Craig, just because he's so laid back, but MAN is it a long drive.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Anyone know of anyone else local to Plano/Richardson area that does transfers from individuals?

That Keith Dopson someone mentioned emailed me that he's out of town for 2 weeks. Plano Pawn says on their website that they don't do transfers from individuals.

S

·
0 Posts
Plano Pawn Shop does $20 per transfer. If you have more than one gun at that time to transfer it is still just $20

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Plano Pawn Shop does $20 per transfer. If you have more than one gun at that time to transfer it is still just $20
But do they transfer them from individuals? Their website says no. I've been using bigdaddy's guns. He charges $20 too, but gives a $5 discount for CHL and also a $5 discount for NRA members, so mine are just $10 each. The only thing he can't do is NFA transfers.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Sure he can. He just can't do it on a tax-exempt Form 3. Lots of times that does not matter, for instance, if the item is out-of-state and on a Form 4.
Really? Since anything I buy will be on a Form 4, he can do it? I asked him once when I was transfering a P7M13 and he said his license doesn't allow NFA items.

I thought (as does he apparently) that he would have to have an NFA type license.

Any idea where I could show him the regs that he is in fact able to transfer them? He sure is closer than my other guy.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Any idea where I could show him the regs that he is in fact able to transfer them? He sure is closer than my other guy.
I will have to look it up. Note it is only economical when the item is out-of-state and on F4. Otherwise you are paying $200 you could avoid. But if you are buying say a MP5 from an out-of-state owner, it is coming in to your state FFL on a $200 F4, and then to you on another $200 F4. So there is no additional cost, so use you can use a close FFL even if he does not have SOT.

K

·
0 Posts
Not when I got my sear a few years ago. I just went the corp route and didn't bother with them anymore.
I'm looking to get my FFL in Collin County but keep hearing about this "Corporate route." Could you please explain this to me or direct me to some information that I can research online. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
FFL update

For those looking to work with Keith mentioned above in this thread, he is pretty much out-of-pocket (semi-retired).

I've worked with Paul Koenig (also mentioned above) a second time and it was another smooth, easy $10 transfer.

UPDATE: PAUL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE EITHER.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Daryl at Lakeview Pawn is the person I deal with. They're on 423 just on the northern outskirts of the colony. He charges 25.00 per transfer and it can be form individual or company. Great to work with and he occasionally has some Hk stuff pop up. I dont' have the number off the top of my head, but I'm sure you can get it from information. If not PM me and I'll get it to you.

Regards,

R

1 - 20 of 24 Posts