HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gaving my USPc 45 LEM hard chromed and when I spoke the the chromer (Ford's) they asked me if I wanted to hard chrome the hammer or leave the plastic cap on the hammer and not hard chrome it.

I sent the USPc to Fords right when I got it, so I am not familar with the plastic cap he is talking about. I am also not sure if a factory LEM USPc has a different hammer than other variants, but I do not believe it does.

Anyway I told them to remove the plastic cap and hard chrome the hammer as well as every other possible part. I have started to wonder if I made a stupid decision. Im sure HK put that plastic cap on for a reason... I just cant think of why.

Anyway I dont have the gun back yet, but do I have anything to worry about?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, there is a plastic/rubber cap on the end of the USPc45 hammer.

It seems to be there to help you grip the hammer for manual cocking.

I don't think you'll be able to pull the hammer back without it (but I could be wrong since I have big hands).

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hammer cap...

It's the same rubber cap that is on all compact bobbed hammers. I believe it is meant to eliminate the chance of drop-firing the weapon.

There's a picture somewhere on this forum of the hammer with the cap removed, and IIRC it had a skeletal appearence.

HTH;

ARKAY

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok...that wont matter to me since this is a LEM gun. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is what the hammer looks like after removing the rubber cap. I am sending it out for NP3 finish and wanted the hammer done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts