HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this HK clone thing so please bear with me, my terminology might not be up to speed. With the Zenith end cap, the gun is solid. When I installed the SB brace, there is a little play in the plastic lower side to side movement. It is just a little wiggle, but noticeable. Is this normal or is it something that I should try to fix? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am new to this HK clone thing so please bear with me, my terminology might not be up to speed. With the Zenith end cap, the gun is solid. When I installed the SB brace, there is a little play in the plastic lower side to side movement. It is just a little wiggle, but noticeable. Is this normal or is it something that I should try to fix? Thanks!
Did you ever figure anything out on this? I have a Z5P arriving tomorrow with a SB brace needing to be installed...first clone for me as well.

·
PROUD ASA MEMBER
354 Posts
Usually when there is play with a brace or side folding stock it's actually between the stock and end plate. On a B&T stock there is an allen head screw that connects it to the end plate. I would imagine that the SB tactical brace is the same. Check that and tighten it down. If there is actually play between the end cap and the receiver then either the receiver or the stock/brace end plate is out of spec.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Haven’t noticed anything on my Z-5RS with the SB folding brace. In fact, if anything mine is a bit too tight as when I first got it, I had to use a hammer and punch to take out the takedown pin when the brace was was installed. Didn’t have to do that with the included pistol endcap. If since opened up the pin holes in the brace a hair and now it’s a bit better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed that as well.

The trigger assembly on both of my Zenith RS's is a bit loose with both of my SB side folding braces installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the same problem on a Zenith Z-5P when installing a KAK pistol tube adaptor for a tailhook brace. KAK told me they made the adaptor to factory Zenith cap specs. I'm pretty sure they did, but by the time you add leverage from a tube, the few thousands it's off is exaggerated by the extended tube. The President of KAK offered to take the part back (he was very responsive and offered great communication & customer service by the way), but I thought of a solution.

My fix was going to the local hardware store and buying small, very thin brass washers to take up the slack between the adaptor and receiver. I filed-off one side (imagine a circle with a flat spot) to fit. Now it's nice and tight. I had intended to use two washers, both on the same side, one for each pin, but found one washer was enough to do the trick. Simple. Cheap. Effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts