HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While picking up my hk45c today I was handed a P30LS v3(is what I was told it was) anyways I fell in love with this pistol it felt great and great ergonomics. It was LEM model with safety/decock and full ambi controls. I was told that HK only imported about 500 of these and that they only imported them to meet the minimum requirement for HK's shooting team to be using a "production" pistol.

Can anyone tell me more about these and if I was being fed a line of BS or not?
Thanks for your help

·
Banned
188 Posts
If it was LEM it did not have a decocker. The safety lever on the p30's does not act a decocker, just as a safety.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The light LEM version of the P30LS is the V1, this gun is one the USPSA Production gun list. It should not have a decocker if it is LEM. HK did import these on accident, and they are fairly popular. There are mixed messages if it will be imported again. This is the gun I use in Production, and it works fantastic pushing 124g 9mm's around 1100-1150 f/s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post here, but I just ordered this gun from top gun supply. P30SL V1 and I can't wait to try it out. I was a bit hesitant to go with LEM, but lots here seem to like it and the idea of every trigger pull being the same appeals to me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The V3 is a double / single action with the decocker on the rear of the slide. I'm holding mine right now...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are they rare or not and if I dont buy this one will I be able to find another one in a couple of months or a year?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Whenever I get mixed answers on availability, I try and jump on it (if you're sure you like that configuration). Only HK knows if it'll be imported again.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
First post here, but I just ordered this gun from top gun supply. P30SL V1 and I can't wait to try it out. I was a bit hesitant to go with LEM, but lots here seem to like it and the idea of every trigger pull being the same appeals to me.
Thanks.
I love by P2kSK LEM but the P30S also can have every shot be the same if you start cocked and locked.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but you can get one of those any day on hkparts or cheaperthandirt or cdnn

·
Registered
1,588 Posts

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Actually, the P30LS in the link above is actually with a sefety AND decocker; a V3, not LEM. A P30LS with Light LEM will have part number M734002LS-A5 (.40S&W) or M730902LS-A5 (9mm) and the label will say "P30LS xxxx W/SAFETY, V1" where xxxx is .40S&W or 9mm.

There are some on TGS if someone is looking.

.40S&W: H&K P30LS Long Slide .40SW, LEM, V1, fixed sights - Top Gun Supply
9mm: H&K P30LS Long Slide 9mm, DA/SA, fixed sights - Top Gun Supply

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The op said it was a v3 with decocker though. I know he said lem too but those are completely conflicting statements. If you want a p30ls v3, they are not rare, every gun store probably doesnt stock it but they are not hard to come by at all. Neither are lem either, now you might have to have your lgs order the v1, but either way v2's can be had easily, and the springs to switch it to v1 are readily available. Dont ever get sucked in by someone telling you this is soo rare, unless you know it is.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The op said it was a v3 with decocker though. I know he said lem too but those are completely conflicting statements. If you want a p30ls v3, they are not rare, every gun store probably doesnt stock it but they are not hard to come by at all. Neither are lem either, now you might have to have your lgs order the v1, but either way v2's can be had easily, and the springs to switch it to v1 are readily available. Dont ever get sucked in by someone telling you this is soo rare, unless you know it is.
You are correct, the V3 is a standard configuration that is usually available. But the question of is the P30LS V1 9mm, as available as the V3? It is currently not, unless HK decides to import more. Is it "rare"? That's a relative question, it does not deserve a huge price mark up, but may be tough to find in that factory configuration in the future.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Ok gotcha but why as I said before would you not get a v2 and switch some springs.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ok gotcha but why as I said before would you not get a v2 and switch some springs.
I think that can be done, but I've not looked into it since I have the factory configuration. I have not looked too hard either, but have not seen any V2's around. Another reason for me wanting the V1 factory was as matches around here, HK's are not popular. If questioned about the gun being on the production list I can reference directly back to the box with the correct sticker/printing on the box. YMMV.

ETA: after reading TooSixys post below mine, it makes sense that I could not find the V2. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Hmmm.. The last time I checked, I don't think they make P30LS in V2 LEM.

thats interesting, good call though, I figured itd be the same as with the p30, that would be the option though if you cant find a v1 p30 right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts