HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Since it’s a scam someone usually places a ridiculous bid to screw the scammer and keep some unsuspecting buyer from placing a bid in earnest. It’s not like a scammer is going to file a non-paying bidder report.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Since it’s a scam someone usually places a ridiculous bid to screw the scammer and keep some unsuspecting buyer from placing a bid in earnest. It’s not like a scammer is going to file a non-paying bidder report.
What’s preventing them from reporting someone who bids and doesn’t pay?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
What’s preventing them from reporting someone who bids and doesn’t pay?
The fact that they don’t have the gun they’re advertising for sale in the first place I guess, not trying to be a smartass, but if I was a scammer who got figured out, I wouldn’t bring more attention to myself by filing claims. I suppose nothing is keeping them from hitting the report button, but it wouldn’t end well for the seller in the end I imagine.
For what it’s worth, I don’t place the crazy bids on obvious scams, I just report them because I wouldn’t want to deal with the hassle.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
The fact that they don’t have the gun they’re advertising for sale in the first place I guess, not trying to be a smartass, but if I was a scammer who got figured out, I wouldn’t bring more attention to myself by filing claims. I suppose nothing is keeping them from hitting the report button, but it wouldn’t end well for the seller in the end I imagine.
For what it’s worth, I don’t place the crazy bids on obvious scams, I just report them because I wouldn’t want to deal with the hassle.
No disrespect, but someone has to do something to protect ourselves and others, since GB doesnt give a rats ass about us.
I dont blame you nor am I criticizing you. I think its commendable that you report it to GB As we all should, but I do not believe that GB is receptive to reports and take their time in reacting to said report.
@Tailflash should be commended for his actions!
M.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
No disrespect, but someone has to do something to protect ourselves and others, since GB doesnt give a rats ass about us.
I dont blame you nor am I criticizing you. I think its commendable that you report it to GB As we all should, but I do not believe that GB is receptive to reports and take their time in reacting to said report.
@Tailflash should be commended for his actions!
M.
Oh I totally agree, these people are turning/turned GB into a cesspool. All hail @Tailflash

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
$7 million wasn’t enough to take it from the current high bidder 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

·
Registered
65 Posts
Such BS dang scammers......so same exact HK FDE being advertised on TGT. IP address shows Santa Clara, CA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gunbroker has done nothing but fuel overbidding and scalping. I stopped using the site months ago.
I agree. Gunbroker is probably the leading cause of inflated gun and ammo prices. People get into a frenzy and spend absurd amounts of money on auctions. I gave up on Gunbroker months ago.

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
128 Posts
anybody who would think - let alone buy it
now - on an auction with little or no feedback which is money order only or Venmo only or PayPal only or some crap like that - is a fool

1 - 20 of 21 Posts