HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about a sight change on my USPc compact 9mm, since it always seemed a bit low, but got into a ammo discussion.

Is it lighter ammo ( 115gr) shoots lower, and 124 or 147 should be higher ?

And is this the same for my P2000sk 40 ( 155 vs 165 vs 180) ?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I believe the lighter bullets will shoot a flatter trajectory at a higher fps than the heavier bullets will at longer ranges (beyond 25 yards) depending on the charges. . . meaning that, if anything, the lighter bullets may strike the target higher than the heavier bullets would at distance, given the same point-of-aim.

The point-of-impact has always been the top edge of my front sight with my USPc 45, while the poi has always been behind the front sight (meaning lower) with my USPc 9mm. I changed out the stock front sight on the 9mm with a lower one that I ordered from HK for about $15 (I think). Now the two pistols have the same POI vs. POA, and I am MUCH happier. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im thinking ill be caling HK for the lower front sight real soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
POA v POI

I'm big on citing references when I make comments or answer questions. This is due the job that I have (medical device sales). I think that a great point of reference for you would be Robert Rinkers's "Understanding Firearm Ballistics," p220, Chapter 17 'Trajectory'. There is no simple answer to your question.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm big on citing references when I make comments or answer questions. This is due the job that I have (medical device sales). I think that a great point of reference for you would be Robert Rinkers's "Understanding Firearm Ballistics," p220, Chapter 17 'Trajectory'. There is no simple answer to your question.

Cheers!
I agree. Unless you talk specific loads and bullets there isn't enough information for an answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts