HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Glad they're back!
My POF SMG5 View attachment 330793 View attachment 330793 PK purchased from Atlantic Firearms 2.5 years ago, very pleased
I like it!
But weren't these out of stock 2.5 years ago? My own POF5 came from Atlantic back in 2016, I think, and once they ran out there weren't anymore until now. Or maybe my rememberer just sucks, which is entirely possible.

Today I caved, had to order the K front grip for my SBR. Never much cared for it, seems in the way of mag changes, overly large. But it does give the piece that classic HK look that even non gun people recognize. I added a can to my rifle with the standard SP89 front grip and it just didn't look right.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Folks it has been quite some time since we saw our last shipment of the POF series of pistols .We did not think we would see more but we are happy to say we just received a fresh shipment of these Imported roller lock pistols.

POF 5
How does this work, do you just have a standing order and they show up "whenever", or did you have knowledge a shipment was ready and on it's way? It's almost as if Atlantic was surprised by the shipment and that just seems odd.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like it!
But weren't these out of stock 2.5 years ago? My own POF5 came from Atlantic back in 2016, I think, and once they ran out there weren't anymore until now. Or maybe my rememberer just sucks, which is entirely possible.

Today I caved, had to order the K front grip for my SBR. Never much cared for it, seems in the way of mag changes, overly large. But it does give the piece that classic HK look that even non gun people recognize. I added a can to my rifle with the standard SP89 front grip and it just didn't look right.
Nope. Purchase date was 2-1-20

·
Registered
112 Posts
How does this work, do you just have a standing order and they show up "whenever", or did you have knowledge a shipment was ready and on it's way? It's almost as if Atlantic was surprised by the shipment and that just seems odd.
Most likely the importer reached out and said "hey we just brought another batch in, how many can we put you down for?"

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
What we call the reverse stretch is something HK should have done vs what they actually did with the K. The K saves practically nothing in length while denying use of every other stock accessory HK ever made for the standard MP5. Doesn't make sense why they would do that unless there's something I haven't thought of that's a benefit. Which is possible.

Reactions: rurallife

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
I want one of those reverse stretches. My full size POF is fantastic. The finish was far below acceptable, and I consider dollar store spraypaint acceptable. But a refinish and the gun is great.
I've considered getting my own POF5 professionally refinished with a paint over park, show it some love. It's ran perfectly since I got it even though it replaced one that didn't. All it needs is a good looking finish to be a top shelf clone.

·
Registered
432 Posts
What we call the reverse stretch is something HK should have done vs what they actually did with the K.
"Reverse Stretch" is an improper type that never should have existed. Garage builders invented them because K stocks and packs were scarce.

The name doesn't even make any sense- reversing a stretch means compression.

It should be called a "Rear End Stretch."

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
"Reverse Stretch" is an improper type that never should have existed. Garage builders invented them because K stocks and packs were scarce.

The name doesn't even make any sense- reversing a stretch means compression.

It should be called a "Rear End Stretch."
I agree 100% about the name, it never made sense to me either. I used it as that's what's understood by the community, same as most use "slide release" when it actually isn't, it's a slide stop.

My point remains valid, what HK did and what in my opinion they should have done are different. The K receiver should not exist, they should have used the standard receiver with the K front end.

Your view that the type is "improper" is historically correct but that doesn't change that the type is more practical than the K type which offers zero advantage over the standard receiver.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts