HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys Im going to attempt a first impressions review of my new POF 5KX. I hope this quick overview of the gun will help you make your decision when trying to decide which MP5K Clone you want.

I've attached several low quality pics of the gun right after I got back from the range.

I shot exactly 200 rounds in semi quick session over a fairly short period and noticed the gun would get a little hot around the forend which isn't that big of a deal since I am SBRing this bad boy. Out of the 200 rounds I had ZERO issues, the gun shot all of my remanufactured 9mm.

I just knew after those first few rounds that this gun will be going the SBR route. If you were there and would have seen the smile on my face you would understand. This gun just felt so dang good shooting, I just couldn't stop smiling.

Several people asked me what gun that was and most of them were impressed by its looks. I know people in the past reported that POF had paint quality control issues but they must have fixed that issue because my gun looks just fine.

You will notice a circle scratch around my safety and that was due to my inexperience with taking the trigger housing apart. I just scratched it when putting it back together, I used a decent amount of force and it only did that to the paint job.

Well I know this isn't the best review one could make but its what I have based off of what I noticed. I cannot compare this to other clones because this is my first clone and probably won't be my last.

I will reiterate that shooting this made me really happy and thats basically what it comes down with weapons to me. I want a weapon that not only is functional but something that just makes me happy to own and this one tops the list. I even brought my 300blk SBR along and it just wasn't as fun to shoot compared to this POF MP5k Clone

Also one last thing, I at the very bottom of this I posted a target which took a fair amount of those rounds in quick succession at 50 Yards!!!!!! Yep that was at 50 yards me standing popping off round after round quickly(I wasnt trying to shoot super fast just trying to pop off rounds as fast as I could while keeping it on target)

Thanks for reading and please ask me anything about the gun. I'll be getting a real camera here soon so I can take some high quality photos then.
This is where I bought the gun, https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/co...f-5kx-9mm-pistol-package-detail.html?Itemid=0 ----- I just wanted to thank Atlantic Firearms again for supplying these.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Schweet! Thanks for doing this!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice pistol, nice shooting, and all good to hear. I have a 5PK coming in from Atlantic...getting here tuesday.

I prefer the look of the 5KX, but i will be going SBR and suppressed so wanted to keep it simple.

Enjoy and keep us posted with updates!
Yes I like the 5KX looks as well but decided to get it over the 5PK because I already have a suppressor coming for my 300blk 7.5" SBR AR.
I didnt want to be tempted with the option to suppress the 5PK if I decided to get it vs the 5KX. Who knows I might end up buying a full size and just suppress it. I just didnt want to buy another suppressor just for the 9mm.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'll be looking forward to them!

I'd really like to get a couple of those 15 round magazines. I hope they are available separately.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Idk man, I like the looks of the 30. Probably because I like the look of an SBRed MP5K with a collapsible stock and vertical grip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts