HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Well, German HK barrels use steel from France for whatever that's worth.

That said, IMHO POF parts are crap, regardless of the tooling.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I agree with the statement on quality of POF parts. I have an HK Factory bipod and a POF bipod and they are worlds apart in quality from the standpoint of both fit and finish. I would never buy any Pakistani parts unless it was last resort.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are they considered US or import?

So the barrel blanks are pakistani and they are finished here? Or made entirely in Pakistan. i.e. are they considered US or import? Would they be worth it if they were $100? Or are POF products all just junk.

Any other suggestions on new barrels?

The PTR 20 inch fluted barrel on their website is not a std profile. However it sound like a nice barrel. Has anyone got it to work with the wide front stock? They do not sell the 18 or 16 inch barrels from the production guns?

I have a Korean CNC barrel (FAC) that I bought in 1999. I read that these
are not as durable... not hammer forged?

ORF says they sold their 18 inch heavies to Michaels Machines? Comments?

Could you guys share your suggestions experiences and opinions on any sources for barrels. Pictures would be great!

Thanks,

LO

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have a heard good things about POF parts, I have a POF bolt head in my PTR with many hundreds of rounds thru it. They are under HK license, so their parts are held up to high standards.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
not to jack the thread but I just ordered a FMP barrel new in white from Sarco for $175.00. if they are indeed FMP and not POF as they claim . than I'll order another ,I think FMP's are useing a better steel ,anyone know for sure ?

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Well, German HK barrels use steel from France for whatever that's worth...
Actually the French took from Germany after WW1 the patend how to make better steel and that's why.
I would talk to POF where and how the barrel is made! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts