HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my searches failed me, please point me in the right direction. ;)

HK has their new compact variant but, I'm looking for the classic full-size MP-5 form factor. Omega seems to carry the stigma of the 'bailey' name, POF has had some QC issues, and MKE seems to be the more recent 'sweetheart'.

In a sub-$2K pistol starter platform, which of these three are good functionally? Or, am I missing some other maker? Omega seems to be a better starting point for its RCM internals but, there seems to be an open question regarding quality and it is at the upper tier in terms of price. With compliance parts the MKE is probably right in the same ballpark price wise but, has more compliance issues to consider. Where does POF stand?

TIA,
Sid

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
POF or MKE you will have to replace parts for 922. That is additional cost. That said, I have two MKE's and they are excellent. POF's are generally rated well here for function but get dinged up on cheesy finish.

I haven't seen an Omega personally but Atlantic has a shoot it and send it back guarantee, and it seems to be a very different and much higher build and QC standard.

The buy & try guarantee is the only one of its kind and IMHO offsets any prior concerns, but to each his own.

Here's a handy flowchart:

rollerlock-purchase-flowchart.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
POF or MKE you will have to replace parts for 922. That is additional cost. That said, I have two MKE's and they are excellent. POF's are generally rated well here for function but get dinged up on cheesy finish.

I haven't seen an Omega personally but Atlantic has a shoot it and send it back guarantee, and it seems to be a very different and much higher build and QC standard.

The buy & try guarantee is the only one of its kind and IMHO offsets any prior concerns, but to each his own.

Here's a handy flowchart:

View attachment 55225
I have the previous Atlantic offering. It worked great before I SBR'd it. 600 rounds of various 9mm. Once SBR'd it struggles to get through a magazine without a doublefeed or a FTE.

My Zenith/MKE Z5RS has been flawless and has a much better fit/finish. 1,000 various 9mm rounds. Suppressed and unsuppressed, clean and dirty, HK mags and third party mags, the thing won't quit.

The customer service on either is great. Buy your Zenith from Atlantic and get the best CS in the business from both the vendor and importer/manufacturer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts