HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello HKPro,

I purchased a POF MP5 clone a month or so ago and today I noticed some wobble in the front sight post. While I cant quite see it or measure it I can clearly feel some shifting when pushing it from one side to the other. The wobble is slight enough to not effect sight picture but any wobble on a potential SBR has me a little on edge. If the problem persists/increases is it straightforward for a gunsmith to fix? Is the front sight post just a simple press on job or is there going to be welding involved?

For those wondering, the POF MP5 has performed perfectly otherwise! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
If your referring to the front sight tower being loose then those are typically drilled and held with the sling attachment pin and many are welded on the side opposite of the sling ring. If that's the loose part, it's fairly involved usually needing to be tig welded to the sight tower and barrel to alleviate the problem! If the sight insert is loose then the easy fix is just to replace the sight blade and a new roll pin that should take care of it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Do you mean the front sight blade or the front sight tower/triple tree?
I mean the front sight tower/triple tree

If your referring to the front sight tower being loose then those are typically drilled and held with the sling attachment pin and many are welded on the side opposite of the sling ring. If that's the loose part, it's fairly involved usually needing to be tig welded to the sight tower and barrel to alleviate the problem! If the sight insert is loose then the easy fix is just to replace the sight blade and a new roll pin that should take care of it!
That was my fear, I guess if it gets any worse I will find a smith who will work on NFA HK items and have them tig it back on.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I mean the front sight tower/triple tree

That was my fear, I guess if it gets any worse I will find a smith who will work on NFA HK items and have them tig it back on.
Will the importer not cover it under warranty for you? Of course, shipping/insurance will cost you unless you can get them to send you a return label.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the importer not cover it under warranty for you? Of course, shipping/insurance will cost you unless you can get them to send you a return label.
Ideally they should, however with the 41F deadline coming up I would really like to file for the stamp here shortly. From what ive read on this thread its an involved fix will most likely take quite a while to fix or they would have to replace it.

If its a common gunsmith fix I have no problem dealing with it down the road.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Talk to Jeff (Ghilliebear) and I'm sure he can help you out. There are lots of smiths who will work on things, but Jeff will have it back to you in no time.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had the same problem. SW barreled receiver. I bought a new barrel from RCM and a new front site and sling eyelet and sent it to Jeff at PCS. He did a awesome job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the same problem. SW barreled receiver. I bought a new barrel from RCM and a new front site and sling eyelet and sent it to Jeff at PCS. He did a awesome job.
Glad to hear that the fix went well! If you dont mind me asking; What was the cost and turn around time on it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
I called Jeff. He gave me a decent price he did the work in less than 10 days I had it back. Can't remember how much, sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts