HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted.

I am new to the MP5 scene. I just purchased a POF MP5 9mm and it is awesome.

However I really want a stock on this thing, unfortunately being in Illinois I have to jump through a ton of hoops (I read about C&R) but do not want to go that route.

I’ve read that a Faux Supressor (that makes the barrel 16 inches) would make the firearm a rifle and thus able to have a stock.

My question is - does the IGF faux supressor (or any other faux supressor) have ANY negative affect on the firearm operating?

Second question - does the IGF faux supressor fit on the POF MP5 9mm?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted.

I am new to the MP5 scene. I just purchased a POF MP5 9mm and it is awesome.

However I really want a stock on this thing, unfortunately being in Illinois I have to jump through a ton of hoops (I read about C&R) but do not want to go that route.

I’ve read that a Faux Supressor (that makes the barrel 16 inches) would make the firearm a rifle and thus able to have a stock.

My question is - does the IGF faux supressor (or any other faux supressor) have ANY negative affect on the firearm operating?

Second question - does the IGF faux supressor fit on the POF MP5 9mm?

Thanks
You should be fine on both accounts. That's one of the uses that IGF designed it for. Many in your situation have pinned and welded a faux suppressor to get past barrel or overall length issues. Make sure its done properly so it can be undone someday if so desired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be fine on both accounts. That's one of the uses that IGF designed it for. Many in your situation have pinned and welded a faux suppressor to get past barrel or overall length issues. Make sure its done properly so it can be undone someday if so desired.

Thank you for the reply! So these IGF’s don’t just screw on? Would I have to contact my local gu. Smith and have them literally weld it on? I understand that in order to have the stock, the suppressor needs to be on and I don’t plan on rocking one without the other.

But If this thing is welded on, then I cannot easily remove it which is something I definitely want to be able to do.

Can you confirm that detail? I did look through YouTube and other video sites on install’s, etc and couldn’t find much.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Thank you for the reply! So these IGF’s don’t just screw on? Would I have to contact my local gu. Smith and have them literally weld it on? I understand that in order to have the stock, the suppressor needs to be on and I don’t plan on rocking one without the other.

But If this thing is welded on, then I cannot easily remove it which is something I definitely want to be able to do.

Can you confirm that detail? I did look through YouTube and other video sites on install’s, etc and couldn’t find much.
In order to legally put a stock on your pistol, you will need to have the faux suppressor permanently attached (pinned and welded), turning it from a pistol to a rifle. That is a requirement from the ATF. It sucks, that's how it is. It's one of the downsides of a firearm that has the barrel attached to the receiver, unlike an AR (where a simple swap to a 16" barrel upper will let you put a stock on your pistol lower).

If that's not a palatable option, then your only other choices are going to be to either file a Form 1 to SBR your gun (then you can put the stock on without the faux suppressor), or get one of the SB Tactical arm braces instead of an actual stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That info is exactly what I am looking for!! Thanks a million

Being in Illinois though, the process to SBR is much more difficult than Other states.

I will likely pick up one of those SB-5 pistol braces. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
207 Posts

Being able to easily remove the faux suppressor and having a stock for your POF is what would make it very illegal....in every state in the Nation. As mentioned above, it has to be permanently fixed to the barrel. I own an MP5 clone that has a faux suppressor pinned to the barrel from the builder. It is legal to have a stock attached to the weapon. If I decide to go the SBR route, then I will have the pins removed along with the fake can.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
But you can pin and weld the faux suppressor to itself and NOT the barrel, making it not readily/easily removable but still leaving the firearm unchanged when removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.