HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I emailed them waiting to hear back hoping they accept cc personal checks or zelle. trying to avoid getting a money order right now with the lock down
I've dealt with these sellers before , shop owner is a classic guy and he accepts Cashiers check for sure, that's the method I chose to go about it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

I picked up a USP 40 Expert in 2018 from a gun show. $650 plus five jet funnel magazines and the jet well itself. Dead Trijicon sights. When I got it home under the workshop lights it was way more banged up than I realized. Someone had tapped in the Trijicons using a steel punch, and then tried to crimp the dovetail itself on the front sight. Fortunately I was able to push it out properly and push in a left over front blade from one of my other USPs. Someone or something had also jabbed the back of the frame with an awl or similar sharp probe, just to the right of the hammer. It shoots beautifully. I went ahead and did some parts replacements just to learn how to smith a USP myself and then I paired it in a case with a Tactical that also came with a bunch of used jet funnel mags. I wouldn't mind picking up a second second-hand 40 Expert to experiment with--is the rumor mill right that HK no longer manufactures the Expert in 40?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for the heads up!

I picked up a USP 40 Expert in 2018 from a gun show. $650 plus five jet funnel magazines and the jet well itself. Dead Trijicon sights. When I got it home under the workshop lights it was way more banged up than I realized. Someone had tapped in the Trijicons using a steel punch, and then tried to crimp the dovetail itself on the front sight. Fortunately I was able to push it out properly and push in a left over front blade from one of my other USPs. Someone or something had also jabbed the back of the frame with an awl or similar sharp probe, just to the right of the hammer. It shoots beautifully. I went ahead and did some parts replacements just to learn how to smith a USP myself and then I paired it in a case with a Tactical that also came with a bunch of used jet funnel mags. I wouldn't mind picking up a second second-hand 40 Expert to experiment with--is the rumor mill right that HK no longer manufactures the Expert in 40?
They probably make them in limited quantity or not at all.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts