HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to Polish the slide on my P7 PSP, what should I use to seal the steel on it so it doesnt rust?

·
Registered
209 Posts
What do mean by polish it? U know its steel? you need to have it Hard Chromed or one of the other many coatings/platings that guys have done. Steel wont really polish that well and i dont know how you could protect it once u do it

KZ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do mean by polish it? U know its steel? you need to have it Hard Chromed or one of the other many coatings/platings that guys have done. Steel wont really polish that well and i dont know how you could protect it once u do it

KZ
Mother's polish and some elbow grease, removes the bluing takes it to a mirror finish

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
If you want it shiny you might consider the engine type ceramic coatings, they are clear and will protect the steel

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That was sarcasm. :wink: I've polished enough things to know that it takes more than "some" elbow grease even with a wheel.

If that's not your P7 then who's is it? That one almost looks chrome dipped

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was sarcasm. :wink: I've polished enough things to know that it takes more than "some" elbow grease even with a wheel.
odd, It takes a while, but I never have to use alot of force, or a wheel.

I use Mothers. works like a charm, just slow, and turning alot of white rags black. I watch a couple movies and just do it mindlessly, with a fan blowing the fumes away from me :)

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,811 Posts
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/1242749315_bull****_amplifier-detector.gif

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill just polish mine and post pictures. was trying to show what a mirror finish looks like on a P7...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/1242749315_bull****_amplifier-detector.gif
have you never polished the bluing off anything? works like a charm. feel free to google gun bluing and mothers.

at least you make sure to give new members a warm welcome. I love being treated like crap in a new community.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heres my actual P7. Before and after about 2 hours of polishing the slide.

before:

and after I polished the slide. Im going to do a little more. but it looks even better in person than I can get my camera to show. Ill play around with lighting tomorrow after I finish the serrations etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No offence but thats way diff. from the previous pic. I have polished steel before but for other reasons and it will NOT get as shiny as the previous pics. who ever gave you those pics is not telling the whole truth. Steel is too porus to shine like that. No you can get a satin finish but not that shine. Not to mention steel isnt even that color. No ones being rude here just truth and experiance

KZ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its a brushed finish under the bluing, id have to use a finegrit to sand off the brushing to make it mirror. the color would be slightly different as it isnt chrome, but it most certainly can go full mirrored.
I actually really like the shiny+brushed look on it. It really pops, looks much nicer in person that the nickel one ive seen at a local store.

the whole point of this thread isnt what its gonna look like...its what do I finish it with now. although, im not sure it has to be finished... i put water on it as a test last night, this morning, no rust or anything else, ill carry it all day today and see if sweat is any different.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts