HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally brought my PTR to the range for the first time today. I had a Polymer Port Buffer from CTREE Products on it and... well.. the first round failed to extract and jammed. I took the port buffer off and the rifle worked fine. Brass ejected fine and flew 20ft in in front of me to about the 1 to 2 o'clock position. Any Ideas why the Poly buffer is causing jamming? I really want to use it because I got it to protect the finish on the gun, but that's hopeless if the shell wont eject. Outside of that I had a great time

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Unfortunately you already have your answer..... ;)

The port buffers are more trouble than they are worth. Do a couple searches and you'll see what I mean. I realize you want to protect the finish, but it is a clone. Shoot it a bunch and pay someone $150 to refinish it for you later on if the cosmetic damage gets to be to much for you.

Take care

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good! lol. Its too bad. I kinda liked the look of it on there, oh well

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
No problem whatsoever with my HK91 and my PTR91 with factory HK port buffers. Finish, smimish

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Agreed. The factory ones work much better than the aftermarket polymer ones, but the factory ones are more designed to save the brass than they are the finish IMO. Installing and removing a factory buffer usually does a number on the rifle finish.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I just place a couple layers of electrical tape where the brass would hit the receiver and never had a problem with my finish getting messed up

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I just place a couple layers of electrical tape where the brass would hit the receiver and never had a problem with my finish getting messed up
I did that for awhile, then ended up sayin' the hell with it. Now the brass marks are like a badge of courage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts