HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awiting a black HK USC and ordered a few extra magazines from Cal Sporting Armory and they came in HK plastic bags and were polymer. The company rep said HK only makes them in polymer and return them if I wanted.

So the internet search engine went to work and found blued steel HK magazines at HK Pros. Pricing for both is comparable and both are in stock.

Which ones are better for the carbine and which ones last longer.

Any help would be appreciated.:37:

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,953 Posts
I could be way off... but I was under the impression that all USC mags by HK are polymer. I've been using a box full of them with my USC for good long time with no issues.

Where did you find metal ones? Are you sure that they are not for a USPc?

·
Registered
186 Posts
those are polymer. it's just dummies on their end messing up saying blued steel. (maybe referring to the color only?)

they are factory mags.

scottoe

·
11,953 Posts
Correct. Notwithstanding *their* title, the magazine pictured is polymer. And works just fine!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did ask if they were steel and they said yes. We shall see, I ordered 4 magazines in steel from HK and have two in polymer from Cal Sporting Armory.

So at this point there is no answer to my question as there are no steel magazines. If they come in steel I will repost this message on the same forum.

Thanks for the reply.

·
11,953 Posts
They are not steel.

·
Premium Member
3,979 Posts
I would bet, if you get metal mags they will be USP mags, not USC

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a feeling they will come polymer.

Thanks for getting me straight on that.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I did ask if they were steel and they said yes. We shall see, I ordered 4 magazines in steel from HK and have two in polymer from Cal Sporting Armory.

So at this point there is no answer to my question as there are no steel magazines. If they come in steel I will repost this message on the same forum.

Thanks for the reply.
I agree with the others, I think the marketing guys messed up. The HK USC mags should all be polymer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've surprised the hell out of several people the first time I show them the USC I've talked about alot; every time I say 'USC', they apparently think 'USP'. Heck, when I ask the guy behind the counter at most gun stores if they have any black USC's, he'll almost invariably make some comment like, "What do you mean? Black is the only color they come in..."

I have a feeling that's where this confusion stems from.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well they finally came, polymer.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
are these polymer ones any good? i have heard horror tales, and i "had" a few for other uses, and they were not that reliable.

anyone make any good ones for the USC ?

Tempted to just buy 2 of those Hera mags, but in the event i can not acquire a USC< ill be stuck with them.
no one has any, ive checked GB, prices are going higher as more bids go in.

such a shame, they don't make more.

is it true they are discontinuing the USC ? I googled it and found a couple articles.....

gettin nervous i may never get one...

·
Priest of the P7
5,168 Posts
The polymer ones are the only ones and yes, they work. You might have heard bad things about promags. Promags always suck. The Hera mags are good to go, although I'm not sure why you would buy magazines for a gun you don't own and feel like you may never?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hera ones are on my radar.........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts