HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I refresh, I'm getting "Amazon Prime" pop up. Can we stop this????

·
Priest of the P7
4,791 Posts
Yuuuuup...it's enough to make me stop wanting to come here, really. If the newish owners want to kill this site this is a great way to do it. @admin, you need to learn that there is only so much we'll put up with, and that if you get too greedy you'll lose it altogether.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yuuuuup...it's enough to make me stop wanting to come here, really. If the newish owners want to kill this site this is a great way to do it. @admin, you need to learn that there is only so much we'll put up with, and that if you get too greedy you'll lose it altogether.
I fully agree. Guys ….sorry @admin this will make me cease my subscription. I promise. It's just annoying at a minimum.

·
Registered
397 Posts
An ad blocker should take care of it but they are annoying if you have to deal with them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm on Chrome with ad blocker and didn't know about them until I read this. I turned it off for a minute to see what you're experiencing and it would run me off if I couldn't get out of it. Turned it back on and they don't come up.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I’ll bet the new cloud server to which the site migrated is hosted by Amazon... . Anyone wanna bet?

I use FireFox in private mode and I got four of them in a row when I just logged on. And three when I first pulled up the site.

As I said in a post about leaving feedback, the Cloud Sucks.

I work for a major telecom and as a result, I’d never put anything on the cloud!

One day 3 years ago my old boss came in and called me by my handle; I had never talked to him about the site.

I’m certainly not renewing my premium membership again.

Everyone needs to understand that the only people who control the cloud are those who own the cloud servers, and they DO violate privacy.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I second the sentiments here, with these darn pop ups, the site is headed in the wrong direction. They may bring more marginal revenue, but they are going to kill the goodwill of many of us to pay for a Premium membership. This stuff continues and I will also be very reluctant on principle to pay for my membership.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Annoying.

But for those wanting to cancel their memberships, where else will you go for HK info?

ar15.com?

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Annoying.

But for those wanting to cancel their memberships, where else will you go for HK info?

ar15.com?

Good luck!
Luckily we live in a free market society, yeah there may be a lapse in info but there are always enterprising people willing to step up to fill a void if need be.

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is pretty obnoxious...

There goes another one. I thought it was just me.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Justuno, a good way to piss off your customers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 67 Posts