HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
It's happening over at theakforum as well.....
Its happening on many forums like Colt, 24hourcampfire, FJCrusier, etc. It is definitely a popup imbedded in certain forum hosting sites/templates. Once this particular Amazon ad campaign is timed out, I'm sure a new one will take its place. Its how it works.

Whoever the HKPro admin/owner is needs to contact the forum vendor/supplier and get this turned off. Please!

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
Its happening on many forums like Colt, 24hourcampfire, FJCrusier, etc. It is definitely a popup imbedded in certain forum hosting sites/templates. Once this particular Amazon ad campaign is timed out, I'm sure a new one will take its place. Its how it works.

Whoever the HKPro admin/owner is needs to contact the forum vendor/supplier and get this turned off. Please!
Can't--- site owner profits--- it is on all of the VerticalScope sites--- and they are numerous!!! :rolleyes:

Tony

·
Registered
384 Posts
Can't--- site owner profits--- it is on all of the VerticalScope sites--- and they are numerous!!! :rolleyes:

Tony
Well, I suppose the site owner might want it to stay, but that will cost them more in traffic and lost premium memberships I would think. Everyone hates an annoying pop up more than anything.

The Colt forum and 24hourcampfire forum seem to have already stopped it. I reached out to them to find out how they did it and plan to post it here and in a PM to the admin/owner. For the sake of this site I think it needs to get nuked! lol

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
Well, I suppose the site owner might want it to stay, but that will cost them more in traffic and lost premium memberships I would think. Everyone hates an annoying pop up more than anything.

The Colt forum and 24hourcampfire forum seem to have already stopped it. I reached out to them to find out how they did it and plan to post it here and in a PM to the admin/owner. For the sake of this site I think it needs to get nuked! lol
Have not renewed since the takeover!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
397 Posts
There once was a forum that I used to haunt (if I were a poet I could do more with this) until his forum denied access to those who blocked ads. I guess it worked out for him because he's still there but I am not and neither are some others for the same reason.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts

It's happening on a Volvo forum that I frequent, too. Pretty much all of the forums owned by VS. Pretty sick. Lame. Disgusted. Now you know why I stopped renewing my Premium membership.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
lots of the long time members have stopped showing up or posting or are posting a lot less. i didnt pay up for another year after the change of ownership

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Wait…...did it stop???!!!!

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
It's happening on a Volvo forum that I frequent, too. Pretty much all of the forums owned by VS. Pretty sick. Lame. Disgusted. Now you know why I stopped renewing my Premium membership.
Us "Unrepentant HKHolics" need to stick together!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
lots of the long time members have stopped showing up or posting or are posting a lot less. i didnt pay up for another year after the change of ownership
You are right :wink: --- I am outa here!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
VS does not need membership monies when they have advertising--- and the employees probably ain't paid squat. :rolleyes:

Tony

·
Administrator
1,066 Posts
Hey,

It was an issue with whatever coding the ad used. They were supposed to remember that a user had seen it and not show again, they were also only supposed to show for non registed/not logged in users. This was corrected and then taken down.

Niall

41 - 60 of 67 Posts