HKPRO Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
Curiously about the time Prime day was over.

There is no stopping PRIME, you unwashed peasants!!!
That is exactly what I was thinking!!! :wink:
We will never get the truth until a "whistleblower" emerges--- unfortunately, non-disclosure clauses are probably in effect. :biggrin:

Tony

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,542 Posts
Folks, I have discussed this with the folks at Vertical Scope and expressed our displeasure. This was supposed to have only happened for unregistered (guests) or not logged in users. Further, it was only supposed to have happened one time, regardless of whether the ad was dismissed. That campaign for Amazon Prime Day obviously did not work as planned. Advertising revenue is the lifeblood of the forum industry. It's not going anywhere.

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
Folks, I have discussed this with the folks at Vertical Scope and expressed our displeasure. This was supposed to have only happened for unregistered (guests) or not logged in users. Further, it was only supposed to have happened one time, regardless of whether the ad was dismissed. That campaign for Amazon Prime Day obviously did not work as planned. Advertising revenue is the lifeblood of the forum industry. It's not going anywhere.
Everyone is a guest or not logged in until you log in!!! :wink:
That is when the popups happen. :43:
Enabler. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tony

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,542 Posts
Not true. You can click the check box that says "Remember Me" and stay logged in. That keeps registered users logged in and SHOULD have avoided the pop up. It did not work.

I am working on an alternate plan and should have some information early next week.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't know why my case is different but the only time I saw that ad was when I turned my ad blocker off to see what you were all talking about. Back on and no more ads.

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
Not true. You can click the check box that says "Remember Me" and stay logged in. That keeps registered users logged in and SHOULD have avoided the pop up. It did not work.

I am working on an alternate plan and should have some information early next week.
Just funnin' ya--- your efforts are greatly appreciated!!! :wink:

Tony

61 - 67 of 67 Posts