HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, folks. I purchased a C93 from Centerfire, with Mr. Magnus handpicking one for me without ground bolt head, with +0 Rollers and good headspace. I didn't have a chance to get to fire it, since no range near my allows rifles: Maxon is in Crook county, and the range in Kenosha allows rifles with only single fire.
Here is a problem. I can NOT pull back the bolt with magazine inserted. If the bolt is pulled back and mag is inserted, the bolt slams home. But with the mag in, it will NOT go back, though, interestingly enough the bolt will move back about 1/4 of inch and then if you press the trigger it will fire. Go figure. Now, my C91 (7,62x51) does NOT have this problem. Is this normal for C93 or is there a problem with a rifle or mags? It did it with BOTH mags I got with it

Dmitry

·
Vendor
6,917 Posts
Dmity
sounds like the mag catch is either improperly fitted to the magazine well. Making the magazine set to high. Also check your ejector arm to make sure it is not hanging on the Bolthead. Can you see the marks on top of your magazine where the carrier is hitting?

·
Banned
58 Posts
There is GATS Guns in East Dundee, but it is like $20 buck for use of their rifle range

·
Registered
92 Posts
Maxon doesn't allow rifles anymore? Kind of a small range for rifles in the first place.

Call Century, see if your warranty's been voided yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It sounds as though the mag feed lips are seated too high. In which case the bold would not slide all the way back, and it could possibly put pressure on the bolt carrier causing the cock arm to lift slightly causing the engagment of the bolt carrier. With the mag remove, cock the carrer all the way back in the open position... when you slowly insert the mag, watch to see if it pushes up on the carrier. I saw this problem more with early coharie arms receivers where the mag well was too short / or as above the mag catch was too low. If it is an out of spec mag well, only century can repair or replace the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts