HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got done doing the install to convert my P30L from V1 to 4.1. I put in all 3 parts plus I did the nickel coated sear spring. I did not use the medium TRS, I left in the one from the stock V1 lite LEM.

Everything went in back together smoothly and it function checks correctly in every test but one. When I pull the trigger and don’t cycle the slide to reset the trigger, if I let the trigger out slowly it will partially reset. This only happens when I let the trigger slowly without cycling the slide. It also happens when trying second strike capabilities when the gun is not cocked. It only happens after pulling the trigger when the trigger resets, when let out slowly, in an “uncocked state”. When let out at regular speeds it resets fine.

When cycling the slide and holding the trigger back to let out to test reset this does not happen whether the trigger is let out slowly or fast.

My question for you all is this a result of using the lite TRS instead of the medium TRS or is there something else going on here?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hey guys I just got done doing the install to convert my P30L from V1 to 4.1. I put in all 3 parts plus I did the nickel coated sear spring. I did not use the medium TRS, I left in the one from the stock V1 lite LEM.

Everything went in back together smoothly and it function checks correctly in every test but one. When I pull the trigger and don’t cycle the slide to reset the trigger, if I let the trigger out slowly it will partially reset. This only happens when I let the trigger slowly without cycling the slide. It also happens when trying second strike capabilities when the gun is not cocked. It only happens after pulling the trigger when the trigger resets, when let out slowly, in an “uncocked state”. When let out at regular speeds it resets fine.

When cycling the slide and holding the trigger back to let out to test reset this does not happen whether the trigger is let out slowly or fast.

My question for you all is this a result of using the lite TRS instead of the medium TRS or is there something else going on here?

Thanks for the help.
More than likely it will not do this during live fire for obvious reasons but the medium TRS would resolve the issue. What you describe is a result of the TRS being too weak in opposition to the other springs.

I had a heavy TRS in my P30L when I did the 4.1 conversion and it did not work well (it caused the trigger to sit farther forward, basically halfway between the standard LEM and the 4.1) but both the standard and medium TRS worked fine in the pistol.

Interestingly enough, my 4.1 P2000 is great with the heavy TRS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Porter M,

I was thinking along those lines, everything else worked, just wanted someone to confirm it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It is the TRS; if you didn't change it, then you should have also not changed the trigger bar spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts