HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a tactical on Friday the 10th from Clyde's Armory. I called on Monday the 13 to verify it had been shipped and I was assured that it had been shipped that morning. By Friday the 17th the gun hadn't shown up so I called them and it was still sitting in the back with all the order info, just not shipped. They agreed to overnight the pistol to me and I got it Monday. While waiting longer than expected sucked, it is not the issue as it was properly corrected.

I had been researching places to purchase and I had read several times that Clyde's sold the LE guns which had factory night sights and 3 mags. However when the gun came it had regular adj. sights and it was in a plastic box instead of the cloth case. Upon reading the invoice night sights was scratched out and it listed the cloth case but again I received the plastic box.

I just wanted to verify that this gun should have had night sights and a cloth case before I call them and try to get the situation fixed. I'm sure they will handle it if it's not correct; I just want to make sure my expectations are correct.

Thanks,

Jerad

·
Registered
851 Posts
Tacticals normally come with plain adjustable iron sights. Any night sights on those are usually aftermarket. HK stopped including the soft canvas case with Tacticals about a year or two ago. So depending on your date code (AG or AH) it comes with the current black plastic cases with foam. I think if your Tactical is dated AF or before, it would conceivably come with the tactical case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if that is the case then all is well. Did Hk ever put factory night sights on their LE guns?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
They do put night sights on some LE guns. Usually, an LE package includes night sights and 3 hi-cap mags. However, the USP-t comes standard with the non-night sight black on black sights like you've got, as has been said. You didn't get screwed.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It sounds like you got what you paid for. You did get hi-cap three mags right?

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I think if you do a search you will find Cal's not the top place to do transactions with! TJ

Sorry about the difference between Cal's and Clydes' Armorey. I would still suggest the search. TJ

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
You got what you paid for. As others have said H&K stopped shipping the Tactical in color matched soft cases (now ships in a plastic case), and that particular pistol ships with 2 high-cap mags unless prohibited by your state law, in which case its shipped with 10 rounders.

Had you ordered a USPF .45 LE package, that ships standard with night sights and 3 high cap mags in a plastic case.

*This was purchased at Clyde's Armory*

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Went there yesterday. Bought a .45 Tac AH code. Got the three high caps. They were really nice.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I got our shop MP5SD through Clyde's. I was very pleased at the service and would not hesitate to purchase through them again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got our shop MP5SD through Clyde's. I was very pleased at the service and would not hesitate to purchase through them again.
+1

My dealings with Clyde Armory have been great. Don't confuse them with Cal's!!

It also sounds like you got a USP Tactical the way they normally ship. If you didn't get what you asked for, I would be very surprised if Clyde's doesn't make it right. They even overnighted your gun when they discovered they screwed up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
+1

I've done business with Clyde's and have nothing but good things to say about them! I bought a shotgun from them a while back, and they forgot to ship it with a gun lock. I called and brought that to their attention, and they shipped me like 5 of them. Plus they have some pretty good HK pistol prices. I wouldn't hestitate buying from them again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ive had great dealings w/ clyde armory, and your shipping time isn't too out of the ordinary.....unfortunately, the tacticals are shipped w/o soft cases and night sites...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts