HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a potential source for magazine pouches for those long 40 round HK33 magazines. Won't know for a week or so, but I'll post here if it works, and has at least a smattering of the "cool" factor.

Would be nice to have something to carry the now inexpensive 40 rounders.

I still prefer the shorter 30s, but they have become impossible to locate these days.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Keep us posted... Just found 5 NIW HK steel mags at $85.00 each. What a rip, but I figured now or never or $100.00 each next week.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep us posted... Just found 5 NIW HK steel mags at $85.00 each. What a rip, but I figured now or never or $100.00 each next week.
Yeah. I'd like 2 more 30 rounders, and a device for quickly charging the magazine with cartridges from standard 10 round M16 charging clips.

Sigh.

Too bad that Celtic dude who was making the magazine adaptors turned out to be a fraud.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright. I received the "mystery item" It is a MP44 magpouch repro from Kelly's Military in Massachusetts. http://kelsmilitary.com/kelleys_web_site_056.htm

The good news is that the item works very well. The pouches are a snug fit around the body of the 40 round magazine, but the pouches are a scosh too deep. No issue there, a sandwich bag with packing peanuts pressed down into the bottom of the mag pouch cell keeps the magazine from going in there too far.

The bad news. Personally I think these are sort of dorky. They are very well made of heavy canvas and leather, and for those who seek the WW2 sturmgrenadier look replete with coal scuttle helmet and all, these would be great. They come with two separate pouches, each holding 3 curved magazines, and should fit on any belt around your waist, one pouch to a side.

I'll keep mine and see if I can figure a way to make maybe one side of the assembly work right as a chest pouch or something.

In sum: They are very well made, and hold the longer 40 round magazines for which there is no readily available pouch. They come in 3 different colors too. Price is very reasonable especially when the quality is evaluated.

There you go.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got mine Friday. They look new in the wrap (HK zip lock bag). Very nice 30 round mags. You can have Midway email you when they get more if you did not back order. I ordered them about a week ago when they still had them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts