HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I noticed they have precut cases for a ton of other popular LE/MIL weapons (and many civilian ones), yet the UMP does not have a precut case available. So, I emailed them, and asked if they had any plans to make one, and they said they'd be interested in adding one to their lineup, but they'd either need me to send them my weapon, or send them some sort of CAD or 3D file of the gun with accurate dimensions. In turn, they said they'd give me a massive discount on my next couple purchases there; they may also be interested in a discounted group buy for us shortly thereafter.

So, I'd like to do this, but I'd rather send them CAD or 3DS files or something rather than paying 600 dollars for two NFA transfers at the only place in Orlando I know of that transfers NFA items. So, are there any such files floating about the internet, or am I going to have to spend all the dough on the transfers?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd totally do it if I had one; the red guns I've seen all have a fixed, extended stock, but I'd definitely send them an airsoft UMP...good idea. Anyone know where to get one, or who makes them?

·
Registered
670 Posts
What is your dealer charging you over the $200 tax stamp? I know a C2 in Orlando that might be able to save you some money. PM me if you want his info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, at this point, I'm ready to just drop it. I'm not sending them my gun, then doing without it for a few weeks (at least two range trips without it, that is...and I don't think I can physically or mentally handle that), paying for NFA transfers (or paying 150 bucks or so for an airsoft I'll never use), then paying whatever they decide to charge me for the case, if they are going to profit from all the time and effort I put into it. It's nowhere near cost effective or worth the time it would take, in my humble opinion.

I'm still willing to do it if someone has some sort of CAD file I can send them, but that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Cutting foam for a firearm isn't really that complicated.

Lay your UMP on a big sheet of paper and trace the outline of the gun as close as you can. Then measure the thickest part of the gun and write that on the sheet of paper. Just fold up the paper and send it in to them and they shouldn't have any problem making a pre-cut foam case for the UMP.

I figure all they need is the outline and maybe a few thickness measurements.

-Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts