HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You can't forget the scene where Dillon (Carl Weathers) battles the Predator with 2 MP5's.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
That was a pretty cool scene too bad it didn't go well for him. In fact it kinda looked like it would hurt.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just take some Motrin, drink water, and change your running shoes you'd be good to go.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
18D?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think it was verified that the guns were actually modded HK94s. They didn't have MP5 barrels or something.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it was verified that the guns were actually modded HK94s. They didn't have MP5 barrels or something.
True, they didn't have paddle mag releases or push pin lowers. The trigger packs looks like they where from LaFrance Specialties.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
"If it bleeds, we can kill it." Great movie.
The GE minigun was the star of that movie. They must have had one hell of an extension cord though. Either that or somebody was humping some car batteries through the jungle.

I want to see something with an HK GMG in it. I'm surprised there aren't any aready.

·
Registered
198 Posts
True, they didn't have paddle mag releases or push pin lowers. The trigger packs looks like they where from LaFrance Specialties.
They were converted HK94s rented from Stembridge. I saw one of them on sale a very long time ago at a C3 dealer in Texas - the tag specifically mentioned it was formerly a Stembridge gun, and since the credits of "Predator" say that the weapons used in the film came from Stembridge, it's safe to assume this was one of them. When I saw it, the barrel had been replaced with an actual MP5 barrel (with the three lugs and everything), but I remember it still lacked the push-pin lower and flipper magazine release, so it was easy to tell it had been once an HK94. They probably did some additional work on it later.

Those MP5s also appeared in "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" and probably a whole bunch of other movies I'm forgetting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The GE minigun was the star of that movie. They must have had one hell of an extension cord though. Either that or somebody was humping some car batteries through the jungle.

I want to see something with an HK GMG in it. I'm surprised there aren't any aready.
yeah. word is jesse ventura was the only person on the set who could even lift the thing off the ground. not sure if they gave aahnald a chance though.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
I know a guy who is a class III dealer and manufacturer who is trying to work out the bugs on mounting a shotgun to a AR15 kinda like what the tracker had on the movie. He said there was already some mounts out there but that the company wouldn't release them to civilians, and that the few that did make it into civilian hands go for around $900 just for the mount.

·
Registered
198 Posts
yeah. word is jesse ventura was the only person on the set who could even lift the thing off the ground. not sure if they gave aahnald a chance though.
I heard precisely the same thing about Ahnuld in "T2". In fact, I think it's on IMDB...it says that on that film, Arnie was the only one who could lift the Minigun.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts