HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've incoming sear that should be approved by Feb or March (submitted in Oct 2011).

Currently I've following sear host or in route but need your final recommendation to fine tune my sear host collection:
  • CA89 9mm
  • CA89K 9mm
  • PTR PDW 32
  • PTR PDW 51
  • CA89 converted to MP5SD
  • CA53
  • New BMP full-size receiver K model barreled upper 9mm
  • 2 x BMP MP5 clones barreled upper (incoming)
  • Vollmer MP5
Any other recommendation to own? I like small and compact platform.
Should I sell or add any other host on my list?
Not interest in belt-fed at this point.

thanks for your .02

P.S. I also have MKE MP5 & MP5K copy... not sure I should keep them.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I always recommend one HK gun, if only for a control, which you have covered with the Vollmer MP5 if all goes well.
For 9mm don't see any issues with shooting the HK host hard, as the barrels last a long time and one just needs to repaint and it's new again ;-).
Thus pick which ever MP5K gun works the best and the MP5SD (if if works well) for long therm keepers (i.e. makes 3 9mms).
Then if the 51/32/53 work you have your bases covered for short guns ... the rest are keeps or go as they work.

My take is too many 9mm's and no longer range rifle calibers with sufficient length barrels for a little distance. Realize you like small packages but really need "one" rifle in the bunch since you have 9 little ones.
For you would consider something in a medium such as a 33K or even a G3K, either of which would have a bipod and could be used with beta mags etc.

And of course one of Ghilliebears Dragons is always interesting, possible the 32KD if the PDW 32 is the larger size (just checked and the PDW 32 is the HK53 size so you can justify any of the Dragons or all four Dragons if you really try hard ;-).

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent comment, John.I think I have too many same tyoe of guns especially in 9mm.I might sell some of those 9mm and look into that rifles...
I always recommend one HK gun, if only for a control, which you have covered with the Vollmer MP5 if all goes well.For 9mm don't see any issues with shooting the HK host hard, as the barrels last a long time and one just needs to repaint and it's new again ;-).Thus pick which ever MP5K gun works the best and the MP5SD (if if works well) for long therm keepers (i.e. makes 3 9mms).Then if the 51/32/53 work you have your bases covered for short guns ... the rest are keeps or go as they work.My take is too many 9mm's and no longer range rifle calibers with sufficient length barrels for a little distance. Realize you like small packages but really need "one" rifle in the bunch since you have 9 little ones.For you would consider something in a medium such as a 33K or even a G3K, either of which would have a bipod and could be used with beta mags etc.And of course one of Ghilliebears Dragons is always interesting, possible the 32KD if the PDW 32 is the larger size.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Another interesting option that splits the difference between a belt fed and HK53/MP5 size gun, would be the quick change barrel 13 or 11, possible in the K version with both a long and short barrel.

Of course it is always easier to spend you money than my own. Best luck I had was years ago with a friend where I would help him shop in the nearly preinternet sales days, I made the calls and tracked down some of his toys and / or helped him over the edge on a few DD's and belt guns, but he does not shoot anymore to speak of and most of these were test fired and then put away for the last dozen years, so I don't get to shoot them anyway.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You seem to have all the bases covered except for a MP5/40 or maybe one of Ghilliebears Dragons.
+1 For a Ghillie Dragon... a 52K is next on my to do list... I'm checking under the seat of my truck and in the dryer every day for loose change.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I'm checking under the seat of my truck and in the dryer every day for loose change.
You're not doing enough. Check under everybody else's seat, rifle every change slot on every vendo you pass, sell blood, sperm, pimp the 'ol lady out, etc.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Glad to hear you're replacing your sear. I think it was great that you sold it to help your wife get her business off the ground. Since you are replacing your sear, her business must be doing well. I think what John said about a 13 with a long and short barrel is a good point. I'd also second a .40 caliber gun. I can't wait to have Jeff finish my 53Ks. I think a 33K would be a good suppressor platform. Obviously you like the short 9mm platform, so I would sell any of them except the MKE guns. You can't run them with your sear so, how much would they get shot? I personally, would sell them to someone that would use them. Again congratulations on the sear replacement.

You're not doing enough. Check under everybody else's seat, rifle every change slot on every vendo you pass, sell blood, sperm, pimp the 'ol lady out, etc.
So what are you charging for "pimping the 'ol lady out"? (I couldn't resist).

Scott

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Right now? A couple bandaids and an icepack... she saw this thread...

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
I met some friends at the range last Friday night. I took only the V93 with the sear pack. We had a great time with it. If I ever had to pick one of my guns to use for real (zombie apocalypse or whaterever), I think the full size 33 type would be very High on the list. If you're like me, you'll probably never get an M16, so the 33 type sear host is a necessity.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I met some friends at the range last Friday night. I took only the V93 with the sear pack. We had a great time with it. If I ever had to pick one of my guns to use for real (zombie apocalypse or whaterever), I think the full size 33 type would be very High on the list. If you're like me, you'll probably never get an M16, so the 33 type sear host is a necessity.
The 33K might give the 93 a close run for it's money, agree for "whaterever" that 93 has positives over the 53.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts