HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 trips back to SIG my 1911 Traditional Compact is getting dumped, period. There's no way I can ever trust it to function 100% so I'm probably going to grab the USPc my dealer has and bail on the SIG. It may not have the "1911" cachet but at least it will likely WORK when I need it to, which is good enough for this kid. Style alone just doesn't cut it for me anymore I guess.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Congrats on the switch! You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Good choice on the USP Compact, you wont be disappointed in it, the USP just runs and runs and runs with no issues. Sig/Kimber/S&W 1911's are pretty much junk anyway.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Upload pics when you get it. I don't own a USP, never did, but I can assure you won't be disappointed. That's the cool thing about HK, alot of folk ask which one to get but in all honesty you really cant go wrong with ANY HK.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Good choice on the USP Compact, you wont be disappointed in it, the USP just runs and runs and runs with no issues. Sig/Kimber/S&W 1911's are pretty much junk anyway.
Have to agree with this. My friend Kost know's ^^^^ i really like the USPc's. Wise choice!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a 9mm USPc but went to a Baby Glock for carry a few years ago (small guy here, easier to hide). I remember the HK as being tougher than nails, and if it's good enough for the SEALS and my State Police it'll be just fine for me I think. I thought Glock tortured guns bad until I heard how the HK got whaled on !! Thanks Guys !!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's sad to here that Sig dropped the ball on their new line of 1911's. Guess they have to go back to the old squared slide 1911's.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I've seen several threads here about lemon USPs. I have two 1911s that run like champs (Not SIG)

Any manufacturer can turn out some lemons

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First time back new from box they replaced the extractor, second time (less than 50 rounds later) the firing pin safety plunger failed,locking the pin all the way forward. Now the plunger tube is wobbling up and down and I haven't even shot it since coming back from them last week. Anyone can make a bad gun for sure but this thing is a total lemon IMO. Gun hasn't even shot 200 rounds yet !!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I own a couple Kimbers and love them. Never had any issue with them. I have started shooting a USP 40 Compact. It feels alot like my 1911s ad thats what I like. Well except the USP easer to shoot.

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is just my experience, but a reliable 1911 will cost a significant more amount of money than a USP. My USPs have chewed through every bit of ammunition that I have stuffed into it, from +P all the way down to very light charged target handloads. The only 1911 I've seen do the same is my Les Baer. Others have needed to change springs and such.

EDIT: One caveat, here. I did have one failure to fire in my USP45, when I played around with a really light hammer spring. I went back to the original spring and never had a problem since.

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
You will not be disappointed with the USP! It is a great proven design and highly reliable. I have never had an issue with my USP.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You've made an excellent choice. I spent 2 days at the range with 2 different Sig 1911's (both the full-size standard rail models). The first gun was a range rental... all in all, maybe the most annoying gun I have ever shot. It had 3-6 malfunctions per mag. I racked the slide more than I pulled the trigger! The second one was someone's personal gun. It was better. It had several malfunctions... but not my cup of tea. At first glance I thought they looked kind of cool though. Anyway, great choice on the USPc.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
The USP Compact may not be as sexy as a 1911, but she'll be reliable. As with wimmins, sexy ain't enough. She's got to be loyal for a lifetime.

·
Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
1,023 Posts
disagree. yes, SIG 1911s have a bad reputation but S&W and Kimber do make good ones. had the pleasure of shooting a friends S&W 1911 e-series with the build in crimson laser.... sweet thing. recoil a little softer than the HK45 and no malfunctions. thinking of adding that to my collection at some point. price wise comparable to the HK45...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I shot well over 50,000 rounds with various 1911`s through the years...A good, reliable, accurate 1911 will cost you the price of about 3 HK`s over time...My HK`s run flawlessly...I`m in the process of just having my HK USP and possibly a P30 in handguns besides my Smith 41 and a few other 22lr`s arms...The only fun I had with the 1911`s was customizing them...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I brought her home last night and I have no regrets about kissing the SIG goodbye. I DO love the 1911 but I need a gun that I can count on, and the SIG wasn't it. Anything special I should know regarding maintenence, common "issues" ?

Thanks !!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts